Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Hermes Parcels

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brian H09/06/2020 20:10:10
2312 forum posts
112 photos

I wonder if anyone had had problems with Hermes Parcels, I've lent a tap to someone following an appeal on here for a tap to clear a Boxford backplate.

A week later it has still not arrived and the person borrowing the tap tells me that the tracking number has disappeared from the Hermes system.

Also, when the tap was collected by Hermes, Their driver claimed that there was no one at home to accept the parcel, which is odd because my wife and I are both classed as vulnerable and so we have not left the house for nearly 12 weeks!

Brian

Peter G. Shaw09/06/2020 20:19:50
1531 forum posts
44 photos

I tried using Hermes a few years ago to send my milling table for regrinding. The man who collected it, came back exactly one week later to collect it again! Needless to say, I asked the company doing the regrinding to use their favourite carrier on completion.

To be fair, the table did get there safely, but I do think their organisation appeared a bit naff.

Peter G. Shaw

Mark Slatter09/06/2020 20:25:46
65 forum posts
7 photos

Hi Brian,

I ordered some items from China over a month ago, still hasnt pitched. The supplier has sent several emails with a link to the Hermes website showing the package is in the "local sorting hub" and has been there since the 25th of May. Navigating to the Hermes website myself and not through the supplied link, the supplied tracking number is not recognised and according to Hermes not in their network yet. Not sure who to blame although the supplier is one of the bigger Chinese outfits and Ive bought from them succesfully in the past.

I hope your tap arrives eventually.

Craig Brown09/06/2020 20:32:56
110 forum posts
57 photos

Hi Brian

As a general rule you never really seem to hear much good about Hermes however, touch wood, I have used them for years without issue. That does mean however that I have never had any dealings with them regarding trying to trace a missing parcel or claiming back for losses etc.

Sorry I cant be of more help

Craig

John Haine09/06/2020 20:41:22
5563 forum posts
322 photos

Hermes and Yodel were ranked very near the bopttom of the league for deliveries.

YODEL = Your Order Delivered Late

HERMES = ?? Any ideas?

Dave Halford09/06/2020 20:52:19
2536 forum posts
24 photos

Every item sent to me by Hermes untracked has been at least 2 weeks late and that was before Covid. Tracked is much better and pretty much on time.

Mark, the 'local sorting hub' will be the sellers end not here.

If you go through Ebay file the non receipt before 30 days regardless of promises from the seller

Edited By Dave Halford on 09/06/2020 20:53:53

Grindstone Cowboy09/06/2020 20:59:57
1160 forum posts
73 photos

Hardly Ennyone Rates My Express Service ?

Where's me coat...?

fizzy09/06/2020 21:07:38
1860 forum posts
121 photos

We at Pendle Steam Boilers use Hermes for almost all of our shipping, the majority of which goes over seas. So far they have managed to lose a £600 boiler but otherwise have delivered everything safely. You cant beat them on price and they paid my claim with no hassle. The good part is they have customer service who you can get in touch with unlike most of the other budget carriers. One gripe is that they will periodically claim your parcel was over weight and charge you extra...once bitteb and all that.....we now take a photo of the item on the scales! Last week they tried it again but soon retracted the invouce when shown the photo.

mechman4809/06/2020 23:06:14
2947 forum posts
468 photos

My experience of Hermes... angry 2 angry 2 angry 2 !!, trouble is you cant tell the seller which courier to use.

George.

Bo'sun10/06/2020 08:20:00
754 forum posts
2 photos

It seems that we're not the only ones that have trouble with Mermes. Just don't put FRAGILE labels on anything! It's like a "red rag to a bull". Mind you, having said that Parcelforce aren't much better. Oh. and don't mention UPS.

Bo'sun10/06/2020 08:21:00
754 forum posts
2 photos
Posted by Bo'sun on 10/06/2020 08:20:00:

It seems that we're not the only ones that have trouble with Mermes. Just don't put FRAGILE labels on anything! It's like a "red rag to a bull". Mind you, having said that Parcelforce aren't much better. Oh. and don't mention UPS.

Oops! Hermes, not Mermes.

Michael Gilligan10/06/2020 08:45:31
23121 forum posts
1360 photos
Posted by Bo'sun on 10/06/2020 08:20:00:

Just don't put FRAGILE labels on anything! It's like a "red rag to a bull".

That reminds me of the [student] year that I worked Christmas at the Post Office in Lancaster:

I watched in horror as someone in the sorting office picked-up a card envelope, clearly labelled:

Photographs

Do Not Bend

... and folded it in half, with a gleeful “Oh Yes they do!” in his best Pantomime voice.

MichaelG.

P.S. ___ I had an appalling experience with Hermes in May this year, when they failed to pick-up a parcel from me.

NO ‘Customer Support’ to this day; but the story is too tedious to recount.

Ian Parkin10/06/2020 08:51:36
1174 forum posts
303 photos

I have sent 100's with my hermes with no problems of their making

but last week sent one and its still at collection shop.

had an email saying that the barcodes were generated wrong so delays would be about a week

still not got there yet

they are impossible to contact by phone email they have a live chat robot who is useless

but other than this latest issue they have been great

larry phelan 110/06/2020 09:00:13
1346 forum posts
15 photos

I have three items on their way from China, all long over due. One is reported to be "In the country ", but which one ?

The other two ? Who knows ?

Cornish Jack10/06/2020 09:02:19
1228 forum posts
172 photos

" trouble is you cant tell the seller which courier to use. "

George - while you can't force the seller to use a particular system, you can organise the delivery yourself. Ask the seller for dimensions, weight, pick-up address, date and time and email and phone and book the delivery yourself. The barcode label will be sent to you and you copy it to the seller to print and attach. Very simple and, in many cases , welcomed by the seller (except those using p&p to increase their profit!)

rgds

Bill

David Colwill10/06/2020 09:08:09
782 forum posts
40 photos

I sent a parcel out on the 28 April by Hermes that arrived Yesterday.

To be fair they are better than they were but I'm not that keen on them as a company.

Both Royal Mail and UPS are struggling at the moment so I wouldn't be too quick to judge any of them.

David.

David Colwill10/06/2020 09:10:13
782 forum posts
40 photos
Posted by Ian Parkin on 10/06/2020 08:51:36:

they are impossible to contact by phone email they have a live chat robot who is useless

I feel your pain!

David.

Harry Wilkes10/06/2020 09:20:42
1613 forum posts
72 photos

The last three parcels delivered to me by Hermes have all been damages fortunately two of them were OK when opened but one had to be returned which is at best of times a pain in the bum, I personally would never use Hermes to me they lack professionalism.

H

AJW10/06/2020 09:30:36
388 forum posts
137 photos

I have used them quite a bit but my last parcel went missing it was insured but took weeks to get my outlay back.

I think the worst thing you can do when printing the label is to identify what's inside! Just say Mr Jones parcel or something like.

Alan

Machine-DRO10/06/2020 09:41:39
32 forum posts
25 photos

Morning all,

We are seeing (along with a lot of other companies) major issues with MyHermes and have suspended using them until further notice.

**LINK**

We have 200+ and growing parcels that are effected and still awaiting for our account manager to advise how they are going to resolve this.

Alan Ward
Allendale Group

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate