Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Another EVRI calamity.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tony Pratt 115/12/2022 14:15:53
2319 forum posts
13 photos

As per V8Eng, the correct procedure is to contact the seller, it's them who has the contract with the courier.

Tony

David George 115/12/2022 14:38:12
2110 forum posts
565 photos

There has been a large number of parcels stolen from Evri found dumped in a wood near Chatham. A man has been arrested.

BBC news on the web

David

Adrian R215/12/2022 14:59:16
196 forum posts
5 photos

I have contacted the seller, I can see they have raised an enquiry (as did I) but EVRI have not responded so whatever the process is supposed to be it is struggling.

I don't live anywhere near Chatham so hopefully not mine.

Sakura15/12/2022 15:55:29
86 forum posts
1 photos

As Terry-Thomas would say "they're an absolute shower". The amount of complaints on my local Facebook pages are astonishing and yet eBay still keeps promoting their usage! My heart sinks every time I see they are the courier. They're not the new Hermes, they're just the old Hermes with a different name and fooling no one.

Edited By Sakura on 15/12/2022 15:57:21

Peter Greene15/12/2022 17:10:06
865 forum posts
12 photos
Posted by Sakura on 15/12/2022 15:55:29:

The amount of complaints on my local Facebook pages are astonishing and yet eBay still keeps promoting their usage!

That's interesting ... I'd always assumed the eBay's "Global Shipping" which they foist on us from all angles meant that eBay has created their own courier company and are forcing it down everyone's throat.

(No evidence .... it just seemed par for the course).

Stuart Smith 515/12/2022 17:49:55
349 forum posts
61 photos

In my experience, the service from Hermes/Evri completely depends on the person doing the delivery. My wife does quite a lot of online shopping with companies that use Evri and as long at is our usual delivery person they are reliable. The problems arise when they send someone else - then they usually fail to come on time if at all. We live on a main road and all the houses have names rather than numbers. I suspect that because of the number of parcels they are expected to deliver in a day, so they leave the difficult to find addresses until last.

pgk pgk15/12/2022 18:26:37
2661 forum posts
294 photos
Posted by Stuart Smith 5 on 15/12/2022 17:49:55:

In my experience, the service from Hermes/Evri completely depends on the person doing the delivery

Seconded. We used to get deliveries via an old bloke whose only fault was excessive chattiness. When he finally retired, the newer local delivery person has been less reliable.
However, the other day I sent two parcels via EVRI since theirs is the nearest drop-off point. When I got there, the collection fellow was scanning and loading his van. He wouldn't take my packets until they’d been scanned in the shop - and here was a queue at the till. Surprisingly, he came in after completing his load and waited for my packets to get processed so he could take them too.

Andrew Tinsley15/12/2022 19:08:20
1817 forum posts
2 photos

The quality of the Evri service is almost completely down to the guy doing the delivery. Right now we have a superb chap and the Evri service is excellent. Pity that should a good man has to put up with the Evri conditions and pay, he deserves better.

Andrew.

lee webster15/12/2022 19:49:42
383 forum posts
71 photos

I ordered 4 bottles of 3D printer resin and two 1kg rolls of fillament from Technology outlet based in Gwent yesterday. It was delivered by DPD at 7.40 this evening in Illogan Cornwall. DPD have not always been this good, it does depend on the driver I think.

Hopper16/12/2022 08:37:02
7881 forum posts
397 photos
Posted by Peter Greene 🇨🇦 on 15/12/2022 17:10:06:
Posted by Sakura on 15/12/2022 15:55:29:

The amount of complaints on my local Facebook pages are astonishing and yet eBay still keeps promoting their usage!

That's interesting ... I'd always assumed the eBay's "Global Shipping" which they foist on us from all angles meant that eBay has created their own courier company and are forcing it down everyone's throat.

(No evidence .... it just seemed par for the course).

Ebay's Global Shipping has tripled the cost of getting things sent to me in Australia, so I have stopped buying from UK sellers unless absolutely desperate. Few sellers will agree to use the much cheaper Royal Mail these days because eBay puts so much pressure on them to use their in house Global Shipping service, which in fact uses DHL and other expensive express couriers instead of the old Royal Mail service.

Henry Brown16/12/2022 10:39:53
618 forum posts
122 photos

I think their (Evri) route software could have a bearing on deliveries. I placed an order recently and had a notification that the goods had been delivered to their hub, I then had a message that there was a problem with my delivery so my heart sank! Anyway a few hours later I had another message saying the parcel would be with me the following day between 4:30 and 6:30. About 10:30 the door bell rang and there was a very nice chap with my parcel! I said I wasn't expecting him so soon and he said if he followed the Everi route it would have been the next day. Clearly a driver with local knowledge helps!

not done it yet16/12/2022 12:31:38
7517 forum posts
20 photos

One of their recent failings has been a loss of lots of parcels - which were dumped at a local (popular) fly-tipping site fairly close to the depot.

Police have arrested someone. Could it possibly be a rogue driver? Other possible scenarios, but that must be one of the favourites.

Edited By not done it yet on 16/12/2022 12:33:20

Peter Greene16/12/2022 16:54:00
865 forum posts
12 photos
Posted by Hopper on 16/12/2022 08:37:02:

Ebay's Global Shipping has tripled the cost of getting things sent to me in Australia, so I have stopped buying from UK sellers unless absolutely desperate. Few sellers will agree to use the much cheaper Royal Mail these days because eBay puts so much pressure on them to use their in house Global Shipping service,

Exactly the situation here in Canada for both UK and US sellers and like you, I rarely buy from those sources any more (which comprise most of the eBay sources in those countries now). The Chinese must be laughing up their sleeves.

(Many people perceive a difficulty/complication in sending goods abroad but in fact it can be the same as sending a local parcel from their post-office plus the addition of a sticky label showing description and value. I tried to get a UK seller to do this just a week ago, for something I particularly wanted - I even said she could wait till after all strikes are finished - but she led me such a long song-and-dance about it with such massive hand-wringing that I gave up.)

Robert Atkinson 216/12/2022 18:35:54
1891 forum posts
37 photos

Posting ebay items abroad is such a pain and risk for the seller that I stopped doing it other than through the Global Shipping Program. Once the Item hit's their UK depot my liability is finished. Previously if customs delayed an item or courier lost it I had to deal with it and it's not worth it for the sale.

Michael Gilligan22/12/2022 18:51:42
23121 forum posts
1360 photos

Yesterday, when I arrived home … there was a Hermes-branded “Sorry I missed you” slip in the porch.

[ Evri is evidently using-up the old stationery ]

No details filled-in, so I assumed the Courier would try again today.

Nothing arrived … So I checked the barcode on the slip, on the Evri website.

Delivered into my porch yesterday morning, with tracking details and GPS location provided.

Oops ! … The tiny little parcel that arrived yesterday was the item in question blush

This came from an ebay seller, using the ‘One World Economy’ route [which is notionally untracked] but was tracked and properly delivered by Evri. … Bravo!

MichaelG.

Bountyboy22/12/2022 19:44:54
62 forum posts
8 photos

Fortunately I’ve never had a problem with Evri and I’m lucky as an ex-work colleague and friend now works for them and delivers to our area.

I can see a lot of people are having delivery issues and they have my sympathy but it’s not all bad.

old mart22/12/2022 19:47:03
4655 forum posts
304 photos

Not Evri, but Yodel, and the Christmas panic. I was expecting a box about 2 feet cube last Friday, the tracking shows it in transit, just as well it is not urgent, thankfully.

duncan webster22/12/2022 23:54:36
5307 forum posts
83 photos

The only thing I've ever had go missing in the post was royal mail. On the positive side they paid up without hassle.

Peter Simpson 323/12/2022 08:18:33
122 forum posts
2 photos

About 3 weeks ago I manufactured some items for a shop down South. These items were posted first class sign for. After a week they had not arrived, I looked into the compensation claim procedure. The parts were worth approx £300 due to the time to make them. The material cost was about £30. The post office wanted proof of costs of items and proof of postage so I could claim £30. How can you find proof of cost and they needed photographic evidence. Total waste of time. The items arrived after 10 days. Never had problems with EVRI.

Clive India23/12/2022 09:32:38
277 forum posts
Posted by Howi on 11/11/2022 09:47:46:
None of them seem to care very much these days.
regards

There you have it in a nutshell.
BUT can you blame them?
They are paid very little and have to deliver so many parcels in a shift, that there is little or no time for the niceties.
It is not the deliverers fault but the the business model the delivery companies use.

Agree. Add to that self-employed, vehicle not insured properly, working for less than the minimum wage.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate