Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

THE MIDLAND - THE ONLY SHOW IN TOWN !

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
noel shelley27/06/2022 16:34:38
2308 forum posts
33 photos

Another Thread has mentioned the costs involved in going to a show . Please think long and hard before you decide NOT to go, as without support from the paying public these shows will become unviable and cease.

Short of world catastrophy the MIDLAND SHOW will be going ahead, I will be working be there, and for those who DO go there will be a useful little benefit which I will disclose nearer the time. If YOU come I will be kept VERY busy !

The organisers are adamant the show WILL go on ! Noel.

Mike Poole27/06/2022 16:49:55
3676 forum posts
82 photos

I shall be there unless something unexpected occurs. The scary thing is that although it is only a 100 mile round trip that is £20 for fuel at the moment. Worth it for a good day out I think.

Mike

David George 127/06/2022 17:29:32
2110 forum posts
565 photos

I will be there and I will be sharing costs with three others.

David

Harry Wilkes27/06/2022 18:52:56
1613 forum posts
72 photos

I'll be attending providing there's something to see, even purchase wink

H

derek hall 127/06/2022 19:25:30
322 forum posts

I will be going, i think it is important to support these events

Regards

Derek

bernard towers27/06/2022 19:26:44
1221 forum posts
161 photos

See you there Noel and I have 45Miles further to go (1 way). and don't forget LOWMEX the weekend after!!!!

Graham Stoppani27/06/2022 19:27:00
157 forum posts
29 photos

I dare you to keep me away! laugh

steamdave27/06/2022 20:01:54
526 forum posts
45 photos

I'll be coming over from Ireland and combining a visit to the show (on Friday) with a trip to see family members in darkest West Country.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Jim Nic27/06/2022 20:07:32
406 forum posts
235 photos

If the organisers are adamant that the show will go on then I am adamant that I'll be there. Careful driving in my Honda Jazz should see me the 30 miles there and 30 home for about 6 litres of petrol, not so much of a problem for me as for folk with farther to travel and a significant cost in fuel.

I'll look out for you Noel.

Jim

Howard Lewis27/06/2022 20:11:32
7227 forum posts
21 photos

I hope to attend, hopefully with at least one other friend.

No doubt, other P S M E members will also attend.

I agree with Noel; if we don't support our Clubs and Shows, there won't be any!

Howard

not done it yet28/06/2022 08:58:23
7517 forum posts
20 photos

It is my intention to attend. Booking now is only a risk of a tenner but I shall leave it until later as I can’t really plan for much more than a couple months ahead, anyway.

The tad over 120 miles round trip would cost about either £18 or £27, for fuel, at today’s prices - dependent on which car I go in - so nether here nor there for a good day out.

Dalboy28/06/2022 09:56:12
1009 forum posts
305 photos

I would love to go but to be honest cost of getting there and not being able to drive that far puts me off. I can buy things I need off the internet with the money I save.

But having said that I do believe that they do need attending as stated otherwise they will be lost. I did attend the one in London many moons ago and enjoyed the day there.

Ian Hewson28/06/2022 10:02:07
354 forum posts
33 photos

Unfortunately my wife and I will not be going, the cost from Northumberland plus entry, overnight, meals etc would be around £250-00.

I can get a lot of materials and tools for that kind of money from my pension.

blowlamp28/06/2022 10:22:53
1885 forum posts
111 photos

It's clear from the comments, that day by day, our lives are being made smaller. Travelling anywhere will soon be seen as selfish.

The fact that relatively few have almost complete control of all the World's resources, means the availability & price of those resources can be altered as required.

Once resources are owned in totality, the need to extract a monetary profit ftom them starts to disappear, as there is nothing left to buy.

This is what we're moving into.

Martin.

Oldiron28/06/2022 10:37:42
1193 forum posts
59 photos

The wife & I will be attending for sure. Will be using the wifes car this time though for the 90 mile round trip as it will do it on less than 2 gallons of petrol.

regards

Ian Lainchbury28/06/2022 10:51:48
2 forum posts

I'm going for sure. The cost of fuel won't put me off. It's a shame that Doncaster isn't happening again yet.

A Smith28/06/2022 11:53:19
104 forum posts
4 photos

It's unlikely that the Alexandra Palace Show will return. The excellent Bristol Show seems to have died. Doncaster may return in 2023? I'm happy to go to MEX just to see the models, even if the suppliers don't attend. 400+ mile round trip for me. (400+ pales into significance compared to 4 Stroke Fred's trip to Doncaster a few years ago!)

Andy

Mark Rand28/06/2022 12:24:33
1505 forum posts
56 photos

Twelve miles each way. I'd be a fool not to invest in a litre and a half of Diesel, wouldn't I?

shaun meakin 128/06/2022 12:56:46
62 forum posts
1 photos

Noel et al are right! After 2 years or more of Exhibition wilderness we must try and return to some normality and supprt these events. CuP Alloys will be there as before. One way of looking at it is that there are discounts to be had and these will go towards the cost of attending. For the beginner there is a wealth of experience and advice to be had, if only from Noel!! This might save a very expensive mistake in the future? These are just a few of the reasons why the hobby should rally round and support these events wherever possible.

Colin Heseltine28/06/2022 13:22:46
744 forum posts
375 photos

We must support these events if at all possible. In my case its is roughly 90 mile round trip so just over a couple of gallons. A far cry from a trip I am doing a bit later in the year which is likely to be between 80 and 90 gallons. The cost does not bear thinking about.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate