All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Former Member28/01/2021 13:30:58
1085 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

Swarf Maker28/01/2021 13:59:25
132 forum posts
7 photos

Need more information to support that photo - and as for Hermes in the title, one of those parcels is labelled YODEL - a competitor to Hermes!

john halfpenny28/01/2021 14:14:25
314 forum posts
28 photos

FWIW, I had a Hermes delivery from Leeds this morning, posted yesterday to Coventry.

Bo'sun28/01/2021 14:15:12
754 forum posts
2 photos

Looks about standard for Hermes.

Former Member28/01/2021 14:22:48
1085 forum posts

fizzy28/01/2021 14:27:50
1860 forum posts
121 photos

I dropped off an expensive boiler destined for europe last week, i watched it get scanned and I have a receipt for it, according to Hermes it is still waiting to be dropped off at the drop shop! Out of pocket again. Hermes handle items for just about everyone so it could be anywhere!

Dave Halford28/01/2021 15:04:50
2536 forum posts
24 photos
Posted by fizzy on 28/01/2021 14:27:50:

I dropped off an expensive boiler destined for europe last week, i watched it get scanned and I have a receipt for it, according to Hermes it is still waiting to be dropped off at the drop shop! Out of pocket again. Hermes handle items for just about everyone so it could be anywhere!

Still sat in the docks most likely and they will get charged EU VAT when they do get it

Robert Atkinson 228/01/2021 15:36:02
1891 forum posts
37 photos

At least that is indoors. There is small industrial unit down the road and every moring there are several people with small vans and cars sorting parcels outside in in the car park whatever the weather!

Bo'sun28/01/2021 15:43:35
754 forum posts
2 photos

You generally get what you pay for, and I'm guessing that Ebay (and other) sellers are getting Hermes shipping at an attractive rate. The trouble is, it's us, the buyers that get the bad deal.

Former Member28/01/2021 15:50:33
1085 forum posts

duncan webster28/01/2021 22:19:39
5307 forum posts
83 photos

Only parcel I've ever had go missing was Royal Mail. They paid out without any difficulty which was a major plus

Bill Phinn28/01/2021 23:23:57
1076 forum posts
129 photos

If you are a buyer, beware the "tracked, not signed for" services increasingly used by Royal Mail and others. Essentially the courier self-certifies delivery - sometimes, as in my case and quite a few others, it seems, without even delivering the item.

In these circumstances it can be a particularly laborious process getting your money back.

J Hancock29/01/2021 08:26:03
869 forum posts

My views on MyHermes are public on Trustpilot and this forum, under 'Where do the parcels go'.

Only this week did I get fully recompensed , how they managed to damage a mighty lower ball joint is anyone's guess !

My guess, was they dropped it in a blast furnace.

The REAL moan is how they make it so hard to contact them when things go wrong.

David Colwill29/01/2021 08:44:15
782 forum posts
40 photos

I am finding Royal Mail to be the worst offender at the moment. While most parcels are getting through, every now and then they will take 2 / 3 weeks to deliver. So far I have had no troubles with Hermes or UPS.

Regards.

David.

Bo'sun29/01/2021 09:23:45
754 forum posts
2 photos
Posted by J Hancock on 29/01/2021 08:26:03:

The REAL moan is how they make it so hard to contact them when things go wrong.

Why does that not surprise me. Just like our local authority, the reporting process is so contrived and non-intuitive that you just give up and don't bother. Job done, no cost to put things right!

J Hancock03/09/2021 08:57:14
869 forum posts

Why is it always me ?

Broke the spade four days ago, no problem , new one ordered from Doncaster , just down the road.

Yesterday, door bell rings while I am lathered in shampoo, no problem ,open door ,can't see but local HERMES lady drops small package inside the hall and drives off.

Half-hour later , pick up package , one end is already open .

Very obviously where the spade handle, complete with spade attached , had been !

Another HERMES unsuccessful delivery .

robjon4403/09/2021 10:15:05
157 forum posts

Hi all, I have told this tale many times, I had a requirement for a 2 jaw chuck & found one advertised by a woodworker who got it in a job lot of woodworking equipment so I purchased it from him, when it arrived by Hermes I was at home, my car was parked outside, my doorbell was working & yet the courier threw it up the drive with such force that the elaborate box that woodworker man had constructed around the chuck was broken open, however being a man after my own heart he had fastened it together with very long woodscrews & maintained its integrity, so no, I wouldn't pay them in washers, not even if you gave me the washers.

Bob H

James Hall 303/09/2021 18:50:46
92 forum posts
12 photos

Waiting for a castings kit bought on Ebay last Thursday (8 days ago) and promised to be delivered today - 3 Sept.
Not picked up by Hermes until Wednesday this week and then, according to their tracking, still languishing in their depot which collected it. Realy less than useless!

Jonathon Bywater03/09/2021 20:53:18
34 forum posts

Hermes never lost anything but have thrown them over a 6 ft high fence sometimes.

J Hancock04/09/2021 10:02:56
869 forum posts

Yes, I think they have 'a problem' with the folks in the distribution centres.

It is getting like 'the docks' , pre-container era , there was always an 'ullage' allowance for stuff that would never arrive !

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate