Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Tracy Tools

A1 service

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Kemp22/01/2019 14:32:42
798 forum posts
27 photos

Just a quick note, we are all quick to criticise when things go wrong but probably slower to praise when things go well!

So I would just like to thank Tracy Tools and publicise excellent customer service. I bought a couple of dies I needed at the Ally Pally show stand, or thought I had! Unfortunately when I got home I looked at them and they were not the thread I asked for. I took the view that it wasn't worth the postage considering the price to return them and would just order again, kicking myself for not checking them at the time. I called them yesterday to order the replacements and mentioned what had happened, this morning the correct ones arrived FOC.

Excellent service in my book especially as although I use them for all my tap, die, reamer and drill requirements I am not a massive customer, probably only making one or two orders a year. So well done TT and thank you very much.

Paul.

Andrew Tinsley22/01/2019 15:45:33
1817 forum posts
2 photos

I have also had similar customer service. I had a problem with a parting off tool holder. I rang them and next morning I had a replacement in the post. Told me not to bother returning the faulty holder.

I can't praise them too highly,

Andrew.

Fowlers Fury22/01/2019 16:16:51
446 forum posts
88 photos

Agreed !
I ordered both a tap & die 3/8" x 32 M.E. for a one-off job & in carbon steel, as they were for cast iron.
Several teeth broke on the tap (tapping hole was adequate) so I emailed Tracy and simply asked for their comments.
A couple of days later I received a HSS tap AND die at no charge. At the next exhibition I made a point of thanking them on their stall. "No problem" was the response "we want to keep our customers happy".

Adam Mara03/05/2019 10:33:26
198 forum posts
1 photos

Yesterday, in urgent need of a 10.1mm drill bit, I ordered one from Tracy along with a few other drills and taps. The acknowledgement was timed at 14.05, arrived this morning in rural Lincolnshire at 8.40 am! Well done to Tracy Tools and Royal Mail!

AJW03/05/2019 11:20:21
388 forum posts
137 photos

I've always been a satisfied customer.

Alan

Emgee03/05/2019 12:56:47
2610 forum posts
312 photos

Tracy Tools are 1 of the longest established suppliers to industry and the modelling fraternity, I have always been a satisfied customer as have many thousands more, long may they continue to serve.

Emgee

Thor 🇳🇴03/05/2019 13:01:37
1766 forum posts
46 photos

I have ordered taps and dies from Tracy Tools several times and I am very satisfied with the items I received.

Thor

Boiler Bri03/05/2019 13:53:46
856 forum posts
212 photos

Ling time since i bought any taps and i still use the ones i bought and i am happy with them

Bri

roy entwistle03/05/2019 14:10:18
1716 forum posts

I always had the impression that they know what they are selling. Not just selling boxes like some other suppliers

I've always been satisfied.

Roy

AdrianR03/05/2019 16:54:32
613 forum posts
39 photos

I cant say I have used them a lot but they have always been excellent.

When I was a much younger man I used to go to the shop in Dartmouth with my parents. Mum would go shopping leaving me and Dad to browse, it was a wonderful place.

I now have my first mill, and am going to buy my first milling cutters from TT at Doncaster next week.

Peter Spink03/05/2019 17:04:56
126 forum posts
48 photos
smileyPosted by AdrianR on 03/05/2019 16:54:32:

When I was a much younger man I used to go to the shop in Dartmouth with my parents. Mum would go shopping leaving me and Dad to browse, it was a wonderful place.

When I was much younger, I visited their original shop in Isleworth many times!

I still have a lump of ground steel I purchased from them which I use as a surface plate.

Always been very happy with their quality and service

Brian G04/05/2019 12:06:36
912 forum posts
40 photos

Ordered 3/16 BSW taps and die from them yesterday at 1 p,m, (I didn't pay for express delivery) and they just arrived in the post, 23 hours later.

Great service

Brian

Nigel Graham 204/05/2019 23:32:47
3293 forum posts
112 photos

I've always been a very satisfied Tracy Tools customer!

I suspect the faulty ones are the rare things that can slip through almost anywhere.

Come to think of it I've always had good service from all our usual suppliers -

- and I can say a 5.5" dia X 1" billet of mild-steel doesn't half make a bang despite the corrugated cardboard wrapping, when posted through the letter box onto a hollow wooden floor!

Brian G05/05/2019 18:08:36
912 forum posts
40 photos
Posted by Nigel Graham 2 on 04/05/2019 23:32:47:

- and I can say a 5.5" dia X 1" billet of mild-steel doesn't half make a bang despite the corrugated cardboard wrapping, when posted through the letter box onto a hollow wooden floor!

It would be even noisier in our house, the dog sleeps on the doormat.

Brian

V8Eng05/05/2019 19:33:18
1826 forum posts
1 photos

I have purchased from Tracy Tools at exhibitions and always find them excellent to deal with.

We have a (wall mounted) metal external letterbox, it is amazing what delivery people manage to force in and how many problems occur trying to get the stuff out again.

Edited By V8Eng on 05/05/2019 19:45:48

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate