Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Macc Models

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alfie Peacock30/11/2017 15:33:16
55 forum posts
1 photos

Hello. I put a order in at Macc Engineering last week and has not arrived, I have tried to contact them on the phone but unavailable over the last two days.

As the company is still advertising on MEW has anyone else had this problem or know what has happened.

Brian Sweeting30/11/2017 15:51:25
453 forum posts
1 photos

Their website has "closed 24th November" on it, whether that means for just a day or maybe a week I don't know.

Clive Brown 130/11/2017 15:53:27
1050 forum posts
56 photos

I put in an on-line order with Macc about 10 days ago, which I received promptly.

Mick B130/11/2017 17:09:37
2444 forum posts
139 photos

I've only dealt with them over the counter as they're a bit over half-an-hour from me.

I don't think they'd let you down if they could avoid it.

Harry Wilkes30/11/2017 21:58:22
1613 forum posts
72 photos

I placed an order with them online yesterday and with a couple of hours received conformation and a tracking number smiley

H

Alfie Peacock01/12/2017 14:13:14
55 forum posts
1 photos

This on going problem with my order is still not resolved, others on this forum must be experiencing this. I ordered last Thursday and got a order number, as it had not been processed by Tuesday I phoned them if I could add on to the order, which they did, and paid by my credit card. As it had not been processed I have phoned now many times with the unavailable number, and also no response from my e-mails. If a problem was in the pipeline I would of thought the person that took my call on Tuesday would say a delay in processing, or at least send me an e-mail. This is very bad customer service, if I ever receive this now its going to be at least a fortnight or more I'm sorry to burden the forum with this and do not like to give bad publicity to Macc Models, but all that's needed is a person at the end of the phone or a e-mail that they are experiencing problems.

Alfie Peacock01/12/2017 16:06:36
55 forum posts
1 photos

I have now received a e-mail, and the problem was that they are so busy, and apologized for the inconvenience that I have experienced. So I am happy with the response, as I stated if I was informed of the problem this post would not of occurred.

Graham Butcher13/12/2017 12:40:34
21 forum posts
3 photos

I think Macc models are back to giving their usual service. I ordered a length of bar via their website at 17:20 on the 11th December and it has just been delivered.

Excellent service.

Graham

Thor 🇳🇴29/12/2017 17:07:00
1766 forum posts
46 photos

A friend of mine ordered a some materials from MaccModels and allowed me to add a few things. He placed his order in October, and in November nothing had arrived. He e-mailed MccModels and they promised to resend the order. On Friday before Xmas nothing had arrived from MaccModels so that afternoon I ordered what I needed from Chronos, I found the package from Chronos in my mailbox this afternoon, I am impressed.

Thor

Oldiron29/12/2017 17:47:47
1193 forum posts
59 photos

I have always found Chronos to excellent on delivery. They also respond quickly to email enquiries etc. ( I am just a satisfied customer and have no links to them.)

regards

Mick B120/04/2018 12:58:06
2444 forum posts
139 photos

I'm changing my view of Macc Models after driving 35 minutes there for the second time, to find them closed in hours listed as open on their website.

No note on the door or in the window indicating emergency or expected return time - nuffin.

Another customer who'd come from further than me - other side of Manchester - had heard something about an hour's visit to hospital and had decided to wait till midday. I did the same, but there was no sign of any return.

I can't imagine anybody likes being treated in such an offhand way.

It may be that counter trade isn't important enough to them commercially - if so they should advise phoning before setting out on their website.

larry phelan 120/04/2018 16:54:12
1346 forum posts
15 photos

Never had any dealings with Macc Models,but can vouch for Chronos. Never had any real problem with them,except that their delivery charge to Ireland is a bit steep,but I have found a way around that,through our Post Office Service.

But the service from Chronos is good,and fast.

Rick Kirkland 120/04/2018 17:27:51
175 forum posts
Right at the top of their web page is a notice proclaiming the shop to be closed until the 3rd of May.
Mick B120/04/2018 18:08:47
2444 forum posts
139 photos
Posted by Rick Kirkland 1 on 20/04/2018 17:27:51:
Right at the top of their web page is a notice proclaiming the shop to be closed until the 3rd of May.

Don't know when that was updated - don't think it was there at 9.30 this morning -  but I'm certainly not the only one not to have noticed. A third prospective customer arrived whilst I and the one I mentioned were waiting. I think he sat down in his car to wait after finding the shop shut.

I think exceptions should be adjacent to the opening hours - that's where you'd normally expect to see them.

Edited By Mick B1 on 20/04/2018 18:34:03

Joe Poulton 120/04/2018 18:27:17
5 forum posts

Sorry if people had a wasted trip to Macc Models on 20th April. Today I had to rush to hospital with my pregnant wife, I’m afraid I didn’t have time to put a note on the door as it was an emergency. I am now taking a week off work with my wife. Sorry if this put you out, but I too have a life and family that I have to look after.

If anyone has any issues what so ever with macc models. Please email me and I will try my best to resolve the issue.

Joe Poulton 120/04/2018 18:31:16
5 forum posts
Posted by Mick B1 on 20/04/2018 12:58:06:

I'm changing my view of Macc Models after driving 35 minutes there for the second time, to find them closed in hours listed as open on their website.

No note on the door or in the window indicating emergency or expected return time - nuffin.

Another customer who'd come from further than me - other side of Manchester - had heard something about an hour's visit to hospital and had decided to wait till midday. I did the same, but there was no sign of any return.

I can't imagine anybody likes being treated in such an offhand way.

It may be that counter trade isn't important enough to them commercially - if so they should advise phoning before setting out on their website.

Sorry if people had a wasted trip to Macc Models on 20th April. Today I had to rush to hospital with my pregnant wife, I’m afraid I didn’t have time to put a note on the door as it was an emergency. I am now taking a week off work with my wife. Sorry if this put you out, but I too have a life and family that I have to look after.

If anyone has any issues what so ever with macc models. Please email me and I will try my best to resolve the issue.

Joe Poulton 120/04/2018 18:32:19
5 forum posts

Posted by Alfie Peacock on 01/12/2017 16:06:36:

I have now received a e-mail, and the problem was that they are so busy, and apologized for the inconvenience that I have experienced. So I am happy with the response, as I stated if I was informed of the problem this post would not of occurred.

HI Alfie

hope all is ok now, if not please email me and I will do all I can to resolve the issue.

Macc Models

Former Member20/04/2018 18:45:31
1329 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

Mick B120/04/2018 19:37:47
2444 forum posts
139 photos

OK, that's fine. Probably least said soonest mended.

mick H21/04/2018 13:25:16
795 forum posts
34 photos

Ordered metal 19th April and it arrived this morning 21st April. First class service as far as I am concerned.

Mick

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate