I'm on Google Earth

I got captured on the latest update during the St Albans BMES show

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bazyle16/07/2023 20:34:41
6956 forum posts
229 photos

I'm on google earth - here

Every year St Albans DMES holds an exhibition on the last weekend in September at Townsend School in north west St Albans. Last year they must have done their update aerial photos on the Saturday of our show. I do car park control and so got captured as a black blob in between the cars in the area in the south east corner of the grounds.
We can tell the show is on because just in the courtyard south of the pentagonal building we can see the portable track in use, going east west, and south of that two blue gazebos and our boating pond.
North of the pentagon is a redish doughnut shape that I think is a model hot air balloon alongside the drone flyers.

Mick B116/07/2023 21:02:18
2444 forum posts
139 photos
Posted by Bazyle on 16/07/2023 20:34:41:

I'm on google earth - here

So is my cat... smiley

jerryongmap.jpg

Street View, that is.

But this was 2 houses ago, and sadly she's now long gone - but she was good-natured and fun, and lived to 15.

Edited By Mick B1 on 16/07/2023 21:04:32

Chris Pearson 116/07/2023 21:05:37
189 forum posts
3 photos

That cat flap looks very thin!

If it is a letter box, spare a thought for the poor postie!

One needs to be very careful with Google (satellite or van). I have known it come up in judicial proceedings.

Mick B116/07/2023 22:22:01
2444 forum posts
139 photos
Posted by Chris Pearson 1 on 16/07/2023 21:05:37:

That cat flap looks very thin!

If it is a letter box, spare a thought for the poor postie!

One needs to be very careful with Google (satellite or van). I have known it come up in judicial proceedings.

The cat flap was in the back door. We had it set to 'out only', because we didn't want Jerry bringing in mice or dismantled mouse components. She learned to get in anyway, by banging the catflap against its stop until it bounced enough for her to get her nose underneath, but she couldn't do that and hold prey at the same time, so it worked very well.

laugh

Clive Hartland16/07/2023 22:26:48
2929 forum posts
41 photos

My cat used to come to the patio door and hurl dead mice at the window, sometimes getting 3.

Harry Wilkes16/07/2023 23:10:36
1613 forum posts
72 photos

I once had a cat who would go out the cat flap in the back door but would only come in through the front door didn't have the sense to back around the back to get back in if we were out

H

Nigel Graham 216/07/2023 23:15:06
3293 forum posts
112 photos

Aren't cat owners so ungrateful - there's Puss trying to feed his or her servants in return for being fed, only to have the offered, dismantled rodents thrown back!

Circlip17/07/2023 08:45:56
1723 forum posts

Did a street level drive through on 'Earth' a few years ago at the back of my property to see Millie, next door neighbours black and white cat staring at the camera. site was updated years later and in same location, staring at camera 'Alfie' latest black and white neighbour. Had to do a double take to see different markings.

Regards Ian.

roy entwistle17/07/2023 09:04:41
1716 forum posts

Nigel We are not cat owners. They own us. cheeky

Roy

vic newey17/07/2023 09:24:50
347 forum posts
173 photos

Many of the street level views are years out of date now, our house still shows the camper van we sold 12 years ago!

John Hinkley17/07/2023 09:39:42
1545 forum posts
484 photos

When we lived in France, we had friends in the nearby village who had a holiday cottage which they only used a few times a year. Neither of them were computer-savvy and when I showed them the street view of their holiday home on Google Earth, we were astonished to find that the camera car had captured the gentleman outside his front door, putting the rubbish bag out for collection. Imagine our further astonishment when, on looking up their address in the UK, lo and behold, there he was again, putting out the rubbish again! What are the chances of that happening, I wonder?

John

Nicholas Farr17/07/2023 10:25:47
3988 forum posts
1799 photos

Hi, you won't see a street view of my place, nor that of my nearest neighbour, as we are down a 300 meter private track, which they would have no legitimate reason for coming down. But you can see our houses on the satellite image, although mine is just the roofs, but you can see my car, but not what type or make it is, but if I was outside when they took it, I was probably under a tree canopy or in one of the dark shadows cast by the house.

Regards Nick.

roy entwistle17/07/2023 14:31:57
1716 forum posts

Google Maps, Street View and some GPS's show my address as being on a street about 150 yards away at right angles to my street.

Roy

Rob McSweeney17/07/2023 16:14:35
98 forum posts

On one of the earliest versions l could be seen on my boat, having just dropped the mooring and travelled about 100 yards. Checking my logbook against the timestamp on the image confirmed the timing and what l got up to that day.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate