Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

good service Arc eurotrade

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
geoff adams01/08/2019 18:02:07
214 forum posts
207 photos

ordered a collet block ,square and hexagon for c5 collets yesterday afternoon about 2 oclock arrived today in lunchtime post

brilliant service first time ive used them will be using them again well done

Geoff

FMES01/08/2019 19:11:08
608 forum posts
2 photos

I guess the postal service may have played a large part in that success devil

Regards

FullaFlava01/08/2019 19:22:34
30 forum posts
52 photos

I have found all the usual ME internet suppliers (Arc, RDG, Chronos, Rotagrip) to be very good.

I also ordered from Arc on Sunday and the parcel arrived Tuesday, unfortunately one item was the wrong size (their mistake) but I returned it via Royal Mail and a the correct item is being resent, with my postage being refunded.

Ian P01/08/2019 22:36:37
2747 forum posts
123 photos

I agree that Arc give an excellent service. Like FF one of the items in my order came the wrong size, one phone call and the correct part arrived the next day and I was told to keep the (admittedly low value part) rather then return it.

I cannot speak of the furnishing, fashion, food etc trades, but nowadays in the electronics and engineering fields next day delivery is more or less standard. One company I purchase electronic and mechanical components from are in Warsaw, if I place an order before half past two the goods arrive by courier next day, (usually in the morning because that is when the drivers round is in my area). For that service they charge less then £6 In the last two years only one shipment took two days because of flight delay.

Ian P

Michael Briggs01/08/2019 23:51:46
221 forum posts
12 photos

I rate Arceurotrade as a reasonably good supplier, I have had problems on two occasions. The first was with a ball bearing collet nut that felt like it was full of sand, it was replaced promptly.

The second instance was when I purchased two pairs of Stevenson’s 10 20 40 blocks. One of the blocks was manufactured with a hole considerably out of alignment. When I spoke to them about the problem I was told that they would not replace such a low cost item (£16) but I could return it for a refund which I did. I did not receive a refund for the return postage on either occasion.

Nathan Turner 102/08/2019 00:17:17
10 forum posts

I've purchased a few items from them, they've all arrived fairly quickly and i've been happy with the quality. I've seen a lot of posts that are really informative and helpful from Ketan which is a big plus in my book compared to the lack of response i tend to get from some of the more industry focused retailers.

Mark Gould 102/08/2019 00:46:38
231 forum posts
131 photos

I have always been very pleased with Arc and have spent several hundred euro’s there. Never had a problem. I sometimes wish they would have more brand name tools however, I’m a bit of a tool snob and like Mitutoyo, Starrett etc. it would be nice if they’d stock some known brands along side their import offerings, which to be honest have been excellent quality by the way.

Mark

not done it yet02/08/2019 09:45:10
7517 forum posts
20 photos

That was nothing unusual or particularly outstanding for Arc’s service. Seems to be just their normal excellent mode of order-processing.smiley

Postie is definitely the limiting link in the supply chain.

I like to call in for my bits, when I am close. I find the friendly and helpful banter is always a pleasurable feature of my visits. It is my first call for bits these days.

Kevin Murrell03/08/2019 05:58:57
59 forum posts
6 photos

We do seem to be lucky with our usual suppliers. I agree with comments about Arc. I would also give a big thumbs up for Tracey Tools - I have ordered from them in a panic about 5:30 in the evening and received the items the next day! Chronos just as good. I happen to drive home past Chronos and occasionally call in - not too often as I always come out with much more than I intended!

Paul M03/08/2019 08:50:06
86 forum posts
4 photos

I would use them but tend only to use companies that accept PayPal. I don't like leaving a trail of my credit card details around companies. Very few companies don't accept PayPal so plenty of alternative choice.

Ron Laden03/08/2019 08:58:02
2320 forum posts
452 photos

I buy all my cutting tools from ARC as well as other tooling. I find their premium range of cutting tools excellent, very good quality and good pricing too.

Ketan and Ian are very nice people to deal with and very helpful, there is a lot to be said for that nowadays.

An excellent supplier.

Ron

Edited By Ron Laden on 03/08/2019 09:23:36

DMB03/08/2019 13:54:23
1585 forum posts
1 photos

Add ProopsBros to names above. Ordered something very late night on Thurs 1st and package arrived Sat am so they basically only had Fri. to process and post order. Not done mail order with them before. Very satisfied customer.

John

Ian Hewson12/08/2020 15:46:51
354 forum posts
33 photos

After moving house a year ago and downsizing I had sold 95% of my workshop.
my new shop is a small shed, so I have gone the route of a mini lathe and mill to while away the approaching winter.

The additional chuck I bought for the lathe had more runout for a sc Chuck, so I contacted Arc and spoke to Ian.

The upshot was he agreed with my assessment and arranged an immediate replacement without any problems.

It arrived in less than 24 hrs.

Needless to say a very happy customer, thanks to Arc and Ian, if only all retailers were like them😀.

Ian

Howard Lewis12/08/2020 16:25:31
7227 forum posts
21 photos

+1 for ARC and Tracy Tools

Many of our suppliers provide good service because they are involved in the hobby in some way, and try to provide what they would like from anyone who supplies them.

Howard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate