Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

noga deburring tool

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
not done it yet24/08/2022 11:54:08
7517 forum posts
20 photos

Its not just the tool handle you are buying. There are the cutters, too…

Pete.24/08/2022 12:19:01
910 forum posts
303 photos

I'll buy some Genuine blades from a reputable source and make a side by side comparison at some point as I still have a couple of the ones that came with it, but they've been fine in use so far, it was about £7 including postage, can't remember if it came with 5 or 10 blades but well worth the price and I'm glad I didn't waste money on a 'genuine' handle, as it came out the same mold, you really would be paying extra just for the name.

Bill Phinn24/08/2022 14:42:40
1076 forum posts
129 photos
Posted by Vic on 21/08/2022 10:15:03:

This looks to be such an exact copy of the Noga, how do they get away with it?

It could well be made by Noga, but sold unbadged through a reseller.

At £13.99 it doesn't look particularly cheap to be a low quality impostor.

If you wanted an alternative, guaranteed genuine-brand made-in-Israel deburring set, why not get the Shaviv 29249 Bonus Pack for Extra Close Work Mango IIB with 10 x B10 Blades, currently £2.50 less (on Amazon) than the offering Vic has reservations about.

As for SwissBurr deburring tools, I believe these are one of Grainger/Zoro's own brands. Who makes them for them? I'd put my money on it being Shaviv.

I can't detect any difference in quality between the Shaviv, SwissBurr and Noga blades or the Shaviv and SwissBurr handles I have.

Vic21/09/2022 23:23:57
3453 forum posts
23 photos

I finally got round to actually using the Noga I bought today. It worked extremely well on what was a tricky part to deburr. I should have bought one years ago!

robjon4422/09/2022 09:29:42
157 forum posts

On an allied topic I have worked in places where Noga blades were used (& misused) & when they became blunt the blades would be thrown away, I have in my private collection literally dozens of these discarded blades picked up off the floor, in my working life I kept 2 sets of diamond files, one at home & one at work, there is a set next to my elbow as I write this, one side of the Noga blade is flat the other angled, place with flat side uppermost on piece of corrugated cardboard secure with thumb & first finger of your preferred hand (I'm a lefty myself) adorn with a black felt pen so you can see what you're doing, then use flat file to sharpen, a prize every time, in fact my granny could do it (she worked in an armaments factory during WW1 making aero engine components round the corner from our ancestral home), most blades of good quality can be sharpened 3 or 4 times.

BobH

Dalboy22/09/2022 10:45:25
1009 forum posts
305 photos

I keep promising myself to buy a Noga tool where do you think is the best place to buy one from as a number of places sell them. E Bay has some but how do you know that they are genuine tools as some say they are Noga yet do not have the name on the handle. I do not use Amazon or Arceuro 1 I would not trust with a barge pole and the other does not take Paypal

Vic22/09/2022 11:21:52
3453 forum posts
23 photos

This seems like a good blade set for the price. What do folks think?

Tony Pratt 122/09/2022 11:54:51
2319 forum posts
13 photos
Posted by Derek Lane on 22/09/2022 10:45:25:

I keep promising myself to buy a Noga tool where do you think is the best place to buy one from as a number of places sell them. E Bay has some but how do you know that they are genuine tools as some say they are Noga yet do not have the name on the handle. I do not use Amazon or Arceuro 1 I would not trust with a barge pole and the other does not take Paypal

Are you seriously saying you only use PayPal?

Tony

Michael Gilligan22/09/2022 11:54:57
23121 forum posts
1360 photos
Posted by Vic on 22/09/2022 11:21:52:

This seems like a good blade set for the price. What do folks think?

Seriously, Vic … I think you would be buying “a pig in a poke”

The general appearance looks fine, and the price seems reasonable, but what matters with tools like this is the quality of the steel and the standard of manufacture … neither of which is discernible from that photo.

Even if some other forum member has bought what is notionally the same product, what do we know about batch-variation ?

MichaelG.

JasonB22/09/2022 11:58:51
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

And how many pigs will you get? Photo shows ten blades but description say a set of five

not done it yet22/09/2022 12:46:15
7517 forum posts
20 photos
Posted by JasonB on 22/09/2022 11:58:51:

And how many pigs will you get? Photo shows ten blades but description say a set of five

You could be right but the actual wording is “5 shapes”. Pic shows duplicates of each shape.

Vic22/09/2022 12:54:40
3453 forum posts
23 photos

I got three Blades with the Noga set, and bought an additional 3 different SwissBurr blades.

Noga S20 Blade (BS2010)

Noga S35 Blade (BS3510)

Noga S10 Blade (BS1010)

SwissBurr E100 TiN

SwissBurr E111

SwissBurr E300

Are there any other types folks recommend or have found useful. I’ve no idea which one of the Noga’s I used the other day but it worked very well on steel.

One blade looks just like another until you look closely. None of the ones I have, have any kind of markings on them.

Is there some kind of cross reference chart of the different types with manufacturers codes?

Vic22/09/2022 12:56:06
3453 forum posts
23 photos
Posted by JasonB on 22/09/2022 11:58:51:

Read it again, it says 5 SHAPES. wink

Dalboy22/09/2022 13:41:12
1009 forum posts
305 photos
Posted by Tony Pratt 1 on 22/09/2022 11:54:51:

Are you seriously saying you only use PayPal?

Tony

Yes why else would I say it

Ches Green UK22/09/2022 14:19:40
181 forum posts
7 photos

This looks to be such an exact copy of the Noga, how do they get away with it?

AFAIK, Amazon doesn't care two hoots about whether the goods they sell are fake, rip-offs, 3rd rate copies etc...as long as Amazon makes some money off them all is fine in Amazon world.

And as for importing these fake goods in to the West, I believe it is the Importer that has to ensure the goods are bona fide, not the local Customs agency. And Importers are notoriously difficult to track down and punish ... they have developed stealth and evasion techniques that the Western military would be proud off.

Oh, and Western Governments seemingly couldn't care less either ...it's almost as if they have been bought off, which of course could never happen.

What is the answer to all this...I think we let that genie out the bottle too long ago to get him back in.

Ches

Edited By Ches Green UK on 22/09/2022 14:20:03

Vic22/09/2022 16:59:10
3453 forum posts
23 photos
Posted by Ches Green UK on 22/09/2022 14:19:40:

AFAIK, Amazon doesn't care two hoots about whether the goods they sell are fake, rip-offs, 3rd rate copies etc...as long as Amazon makes some money off them all is fine in Amazon world.

Ches

I was thinking more about the manufacturers copying the design rather than the reseller.

Amazon clearly label it STARVAST.

Vic22/09/2022 22:10:47
3453 forum posts
23 photos

There are a few on eBay.

Alan Wood 423/09/2022 11:05:01
257 forum posts
14 photos

The full Noga catalogue makes interesting reading. The 'Swiss Army' style tool on page 51 looks like a nice Christmas present. Might have to drop some subtle hints in the right quarters.

**LINK**

Bill Phinn24/09/2022 00:30:44
1076 forum posts
129 photos

I recently bought this set, mainly for the 16.5mm rotodrive cutting head. My other rotodrive head [a 10.4mm one ] is a genuine Noga, bought some time ago from a reputable UK supplier. There is no discernible difference in the appearance or performance of these two rotodrives, so my decision to take a punt on the Amazon one seems so far to have been justified.

I haven't yet used the other deburring blades supplied in the new set much, but the use one of them has had [on mild steel] showed again no detectable difference in performance over similar Shaviv, Noga, Swiss-burr and Eclipse blades I've got.

JasonB24/09/2022 07:41:08
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

From recent threads some of the illustrations don't tie up with what you actually get, for example the twin cylinder steam engine shown at a very good price but you actually were buying the wooden base for itdevil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate