By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for KWIL

Here is a list of all the postings KWIL has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Glasses -- sometimes called headlamps
28/02/2022 16:22:37

As Henry Brown says find a vision supply shop (not an optician). Have done this for the last 40+ years. No charge for reglasing just the lens cost.

Only downside, if your prescription is "wrong" (it happens) that is your added cost, has only happened once in all that time so still cheaper overall. More likely to be more realistic in frame costs when you want to change.

Thread: Acoustic Damping/Attenuation
19/02/2022 10:54:57

Search using the right parameters and you will find it.

sounddeadeninguk.co.uk

Thread: The Fount Of All.... Hignorunce?
14/02/2022 15:30:24

**LINK**

Very good illustration of how to do it, downloadable pdf

Thread: Erskine drive for Bridgeport
14/02/2022 10:23:30

Would the Forum Member who PM'd me regarding the above, please read your Inbox where a reply has been waiting for over 1 week.

Thread: Scam. Coincidence or worse?
11/02/2022 11:33:59

I also had a recent call about a "suspect" purchase charged against my card.

Same as with pgk pgk, Amazon do not have my (ex dir) number so I dropped the call.

Nothing on my account....

Thread: Case Hardening
07/02/2022 11:39:57

Knighton Tools do not list Kasenit, but BETA, which is what is now generally available. It works OK.

EPK and others, Blackgate etc.

Thread: Green growth on car roof rails
07/02/2022 11:21:16

I use one of the Brands of "snow foam", then a water driven rotary brush. Hand cloth works as well. Gets the green off but does not stop it appearing again eventually. Th curse of a wooded landscape and car kept outside.

Thread: Question to North Somerset members
06/02/2022 10:46:09
Posted by Mike Hurley on 06/02/2022 10:16:40:

Thats quite elegant in my opinion, with a bit of thought they could have made it a bit bigger, stuck some blades on it and made it wind turbine at the same time - so dual purpose!

Somehow I think the wires would be in the way of the rotating bladessad

Thread: Possible Myford 7 safety issue
02/02/2022 13:29:33

Of course the Brochures show "machines (less motor)", the option was always for the Purchaser to specify a single or 3 phase motor dependent upon the intended use. The Dealer would then oblige and supply with the motor as desired.

Thread: EU Customs Tariif codes for hand tools?
31/01/2022 14:11:00

Surely the same Tariif etc. is applicable whether the chinese micrometer is imported via the UK (a Non EU country) as when the same micrometer is imported from China (also a Non EU counttry) directly.

Thread: Graham Meek Myford Super 7 Screw Cutting Clutch
29/01/2022 09:44:49

Andrew,

Yes the disengagement does use the Myford Tumbler lower selection holes.

p2112201.jpg

This shot shows the experimental setup used to determine the angles etc. The main block is modified to allow rotation (bottom right). Many more in my Album if you want see them.

Work was done using my second S7. Both S7s have full DRO and are generally unworn status.

PM me if you need further info.

Thread: Adcock Shipley Bridgeport motor
28/01/2022 10:43:32

What is the temperature rating of a zip tie? Methinks theyy will get very soft at normal motor operating temperatures.

Thread: Thread locking inside boilers
24/01/2022 15:03:51

br,

It must be something you do, does not happen to me!

Thread: Graham Meek Myford Super 7 Screw Cutting Clutch
24/01/2022 11:45:37

My Super7 prototype clutch version has green nylatron gears (Moly DS loaded) and the wear/use has not caused me to change them. My clutch drives a DAG Brown designed Metric/Imperial banjo arrangement and then the standard Myford Quick change gearbox, so I have all the options available.

Thread: skip find box of slot drills
24/01/2022 11:33:36

Never look a gift horse in the face! There's life in those and if mine I would regrind them if necessary.

Thread: New highway code rule.
23/01/2022 11:48:59

Have just returned home. At a nearby traffic lights, as they changed from red, a cyclist swept past me on the off side passed the car in front and then cut in front of that car. If the front car had been heavy footed when the lights changed, one splatted cyclist!!

Thread: Smart meter
21/01/2022 19:02:20
Posted by SillyOldDuffer on 21/01/2022 16:39:46:
Posted by Gray62 on 21/01/2022 15:21:54:

1. Smart meters are currently not compulsory.

I think it's only a matter of time before Smart Meters start offering different tariffs. Technically not difficult.

Dave

My daughter lives in Ontario, Canada, she has different Tarifffs at different times of the day.

21/01/2022 14:24:23

Remember that the Smart meters are the thin end of the wedge. Once you are hooked they can charge variable rates to persuade you to move your heavier loads to when it's cheaper, like overnight.

Keep saying NO.

Thread: Need to cut long thin strips of steel (& plastic) - e.g. with an angle grinder?
20/01/2022 14:01:57

It looks as though the end of the particular sage is close (hopefully)

Thread: Small scraping project wanted
19/01/2022 13:28:58

Search "whitworth 3 plate method"

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate