By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

If only organising storage was that easy !

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Gilligan30/07/2023 14:15:34
23121 forum posts
1360 photos

Received an eMailshot from Ryman touting these: **LINK**

https://www.ryman.co.uk/inabox-pack-of-60-qr-stickers-for-storage-organisation-1

Methinks the App would need to be very sophisticated for them to be of much use.

MichaelG.

Edit: __ https://inaboxsolutions.com.au/categories/qr-sticker/

Edit: __ wondering if it might be useable with home-brewed QR codes, I downloaded the iOS App, but [contrary to first appearances] one needs to have an account before using it.

Edited By Michael Gilligan on 30/07/2023 14:36:18

DiogenesII30/07/2023 14:39:57
859 forum posts
268 photos

..the phone and spectacles to read it with are the things I spend most time looking for.. sad

Dave Halford30/07/2023 16:38:05
2536 forum posts
24 photos

Might be useful for moving house, but otherwise it's a bit now we need a QR code to label an old icecream tub 'Drills'

Peter Greene30/07/2023 16:43:41
865 forum posts
12 photos

This is the 2020's - workshop gremlins have phones these days!

wink

(fwiw, Amazon has a whole bunch of smart label products).

Edited By Peter Greene on 30/07/2023 16:46:13

Dalboy30/07/2023 16:48:48
1009 forum posts
305 photos

I label my storage drawers with what is in there, By the time you get the phone out and check a QR code I would have found and extracted what I wanted

Bazyle30/07/2023 16:51:48
6956 forum posts
229 photos

This is aimed at the modern young office/shop worker who is permanently glued to their phone. As they read the text from their co-worker standing next to them "Wrinkly Customer has asked for old texting implement called a pencil" the reader app will be already open to identify the transparent plastic box containing antique writing devices.

Mark Rand30/07/2023 16:52:56
1505 forum posts
56 photos

Get thee behind me Satan (and push?).

I've designed and started to write a tool and consumables database program because I can never remember where I put things. The database design was fairly simple, but the GUI program has been slow going because I learned Python for it and still spend more time in the text books than writing code.

For some daft reason, I thought that if I wrote it with nice tidy code and good comments and help, that others could use it if they wanted. I was progressing quite well for a couple of weeks, having broken my ankle and being forced to sit on the bed using the wife's laptop, with said ankle proped up on a cushion.

Dalboy30/07/2023 19:50:23
1009 forum posts
305 photos

This does remind me of a cartoon where the customer is pointing at what he wants on the shelf and the shop assistant saying "There is no good pointing at it the computer says we don't have any"

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate