Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Abom79 Keith Fenner

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
sean logie28/08/2016 18:52:06
608 forum posts
7 photos

These are the guys who got me interested in purchasing my first lathe.

Their knowledge is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3UZn1tcVe7pH3R6C3Gcng

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3UZn1tcVe7pH3R6C3Gcng

I.M. OUTAHERE28/08/2016 20:56:10
1468 forum posts
3 photos

It was mrpete222 that lead me to Keith fenner and he led to adam booth (abom79) if you look on the home page of thier channels you will find who they subscribe to and I recommend you have a look at some of those channels as well .

Doubleboost is another that adam led me to .

Some others i highly recommend are that lazy machinist , Stefan gotteswinter clickspring ,robrenz ,myfordboy ,mrcrispin , emmas spare room machine shop.

There are many others but some seem more intent on standing in front of a camera and talking until they are blue in the face , the ones above are more about making or fixing stuff with minimal talk time .

If you want to learn something or you are new to machining or metalwork that lazy machinists and mrpete222 are where you need to start as they are retired teachers and have an amazing abillity to transfer their knowledge into your brain without you knowing it !

Ian.

mark costello 129/08/2016 19:57:29
800 forum posts
16 photos

Oxtool also.

Nick Wheeler29/08/2016 21:19:30
1227 forum posts
101 photos

I've watched a number of Keith Fenner's videos because he has some interesting jobs, and shoots them clearly. But he is so boring, and the sheer length of each video exacerbates that.

Arnljot Seem31/08/2016 22:05:25
15 forum posts
4 photos

I was headed for a small CNC mill when I found Adam Booths (Abom79) channel. After following him for a while I decided I wanted to learn manual milling first. I have just finished restoring a Schaublin 22 mill that I got really cheap. Well, restoring.... I had to build all the electric and electronics from scratch, restore the motor and fix the gearbox. The rest was in good shape after a resoration by the previous owner, My first mill, and I just made "first cut". All thanks to Adam. Love his channel.

Stefan was also mentioned; I really learn a lot from him. He is very detail oriented, and really know his craft. Another Youtuber I like is ThisOldTony. Very funny american living in Italy

Toms Techniques and Pierre's Garage are also worth checking out.

mechman4831/08/2016 23:20:26
2947 forum posts
468 photos
Posted by XD 351 on 28/08/2016 20:56:10:

It was mrpete222 that lead me to Keith fenner and he led to adam booth (abom79) if you look on the home page of thier channels you will find who they subscribe to and I recommend you have a look at some of those channels as well .

Doubleboost is another that adam led me to .

Some others i highly recommend are that lazy machinist , Stefan gotteswinter clickspring ,robrenz ,myfordboy ,mrcrispin , emmas spare room machine shop.

There are many others but some seem more intent on standing in front of a camera and talking until they are blue in the face , the ones above are more about making or fixing stuff with minimal talk time .

If you want to learn something or you are new to machining or metalwork that lazy machinists and mrpete222 are where you need to start as they are retired teachers and have an amazing abillity to transfer their knowledge into your brain without you knowing it !

Ian.

I'm subscribed to all of the above, inc. Abom79, & enjoy perusing their sites through the week; my particular favourite is 'Doubleboost' particularly as he is a motor mechanic & is self taught machining wise; whereas I served my time as fitter /turner so can relate directly with his approach, & besides he lives up the road from me ( metaphorically speaking ) He's in Newcastle area ( Geordie land.. though not right in the centre ) & I'm in the 'Boro' area... 'Smoggie land.

As an aside I can relate to the problems his wife Debs & his dad have had this past year ( big 'C'   ), been there & got the t shirt... glad to see that both are now well, but I particularly like his northern approach... 'b*****ks, b*****d,stupid Tw*t... hence his nom de plume... 'twastard engineering', but that doesn't detract from all the others, experts in their own right, that produce some extremely fine work that put my attempts to shame ( e.g. Clickspring - clocks   ), & yes there are others, that, although are extremely knowledgeable, when it comes to vids...BORING! so when I chance upon these I fast forward to the relevant points & then switch off.

There are a multitude of YouTube videos out there, some good, some not so good... & some, well let's say, leave a lot to be desired, but hey, ce la vie, that doesn't stop me from browsing, & there's always the resultant comments 'hells bells, why didn't I think of that', 'S**t I did that 50 years ago', or, quite often, 'you stupid b*****d, why did you do that' , &, above all; there is never a 'dumb / stupid question, it's just that you don't know the answer to it, yet.

George.

Edited By mechman48 on 31/08/2016 23:21:21

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate