Another EVRI calamity.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
peak410/01/2023 15:05:18
2207 forum posts
210 photos
Posted by Michael Gilligan on 08/01/2023 17:01:28:
Posted by noel shelley on 08/01/2023 11:35:49:

The local authority will give EVERY house a number which the owner is legally obliged to use. […]

Even if it exists, somewhere … I am totally unaware of my house number !

The local authority, and the utility companies, and Land Registry, ALL refer to it by name.

Can you please point me to the legislation ?

MichaelG.

Edited By Michael Gilligan on 08/01/2023 17:02:23

I'd put the kettle on and make a whole pot of tea, as one cup might not provide the sustenance required to work your way through this Hansard excerpt, and then to search the quoted legislation and all the cross references.
https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/commons/1983/apr/15/house-numbering

See Sir George Young's reply 1118

This blog is slightly more accessible.
https://www.postalmuseum.org/blog/house-numbering/

See also this guide
https://democracy.newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/documents/s11651/23.09.21%20-%20Street%20Naming%20and%20Numbering%20Policy%20-%20Appendix%201.pdf

My problem is slightly different, we live at House No.5 @ Postcode.
Unfortunately, after it was built, House No1 was demolished and re-built as a small block of flats' but retained the same postcode as the building plot already existed; two houses away, so the same postcode as ours.
We now sometimes fail to get post, which I suspect has been delivered to House No1 Apartment 5 @ the same postcode.
The flat has now been sold, but not yet re-occupied; the previous owner was a very interesting ex-engineer, who unfortunately was developing dementia, so had no idea whether anything had been delivered for us.

Bill

Edited By peak4 on 10/01/2023 15:15:11

Edited By peak4 on 10/01/2023 15:31:40

Michael Gilligan10/01/2023 15:52:11
23121 forum posts
1360 photos

Thanks for the research, Bill

I have only skimmed-through, but Hansard 1118 is plenty to comfort me … because my Local Authority has not mandated the use of House Numbering … and because my very welcome correspondence from ERNIE arrives safely at my named house [to which he is quite content to address it].

MichaelG.

Harry Wilkes09/02/2023 15:55:47
1613 forum posts
72 photos

Sorry Ive not read every page I,m loosing the will to live frown Ive been left a EVRi 'sorry I missed you' card, it say's parcel left in green bin checked and nothing in the green bin so Ive tried to contact them both by phone or with there app and in each case I'm told my tracking number not reconised ! Without the tracking number it would seem you cant get to talk to anyone so does anyone have a number for these bunch of 'paul ankers'

H

Michael Gilligan09/02/2023 16:02:47
23121 forum posts
1360 photos

This is probably your best ‘entry point’ Harry

https://www.evri.com/help-and-support/help-centre#/

https://www.evri.com/help-and-support/help-centre/#/receiving/not-find-parcel

Be brave … our thoughts are with you !!

MichaelG.

Edited By Michael Gilligan on 09/02/2023 16:08:40

noel shelley09/02/2023 17:20:58
2308 forum posts
33 photos

Seller sent me a heat sink for my super dooper LED tourch . It should have been with me LAST Saturday, it has taken a week from delivery to EVRI to get to the sorting hub, Good job it's not urgent ! Noel

Harry Wilkes09/02/2023 17:56:15
1613 forum posts
72 photos
Posted by Michael Gilligan on 09/02/2023 16:02:47:

This is probably your best ‘entry point’ Harry

**LINK**

**LINK**

Be brave … our thoughts are with you !!

MichaelG.

Edited By Michael Gilligan on 09/02/2023 16:08:40

Thanks Michael Ive been that route it ask's for a tracking number along with the 8 digit card number both of which are 'unrecognised' you then cannot proceed any further crying

H

Steambuff09/02/2023 18:02:59
544 forum posts
8 photos
Posted by Harry Wilkes on 09/02/2023 15:55:47:

Sorry Ive not read every page I,m loosing the will to live frown Ive been left a EVRi 'sorry I missed you' card, it say's parcel left in green bin checked and nothing in the green bin so Ive tried to contact them both by phone or with there app and in each case I'm told my tracking number not reconised ! Without the tracking number it would seem you cant get to talk to anyone so does anyone have a number for these bunch of 'paul ankers'

H

Hi,

I would contact the sender of the parcel, they should have the tracking number. If you have not received the goods the seller needs to contact Evri as the contract is between the seller and Evri.

Dave

Michael Gilligan09/02/2023 18:05:21
23121 forum posts
1360 photos

Oh dear … I see what you mean, Harry

I’ve just done a dummy-run with the ChatBot sad

… Short and not very sweet

MichaelG.

Tony Pratt 109/02/2023 18:09:19
2319 forum posts
13 photos

Absolutely no need to contact the courier, just contact the seller who will have to deal with it!

Tony

Harry Wilkes09/02/2023 21:02:47
1613 forum posts
72 photos

Well guy's to be truthful I don't know what the parcel is 

H

Samsaranda01/03/2023 13:44:27
1688 forum posts
16 photos

Today we had arranged for Lakeland to collect an ironing board that had been replaced because it arrived damaged, they informed us that Evri would collect the return item, we received an email from Evri indicating that they would call between 12.30 and 13.30. At 12.30 we received another email from Evri that they had called and no one was in, this was untrue we have been in all day waiting for them to pick up the item, and we also have a Ring Doorbell so anyone who sets foot inside our front garden is automatically recorded, the camera showed that no one had been anywhere near our front garden. I telephoned Lakeland to complain, they checked the tracking information of the Evri courier tasked with the pick up, apparently the closest he had been to our address was 2.8 miles, surprise surprise. I conveyed to the Lakeland operative what I thought of their choice to use Evri as carriers, I wasn’t very complimentary about Evri’s performance based on our past experiences with them, I said to Lakeland that their choice of carrier was a poor choice; they rearranged the return to take place tomorrow and changed the carrier to Fed Ex. The performance of Hermes/Evri has certainly not improved since their name change, they still seem to rely on a number of individuals using their private cars to deliver parcels, you wonder how many of these arrangements are covered with proper business class insurance, I feel sorry for anyone involved in an accident with an “uninsured “ driver, been there done, that it’s a real pain. Dave W

old mart07/03/2023 19:02:58
4655 forum posts
304 photos

Its happened again to me, a purchase on ebay showing tracking from Hermes, (I thought they had changed their name to Evri) on 17th feb which was refunded in full when I got in touch with the seller yesterday, the 6th march. Only the tracking number had been given, and I wonder if these numbers are handed out before the courier even sets eyes on the package.

bernard towers07/03/2023 19:29:25
1221 forum posts
161 photos

My opposite neighbour left his keys in the front door and I spotted the Evri man trying to get them out but got caught in the act by the neighbour, the mind boggles.

peak407/03/2023 22:29:20
2207 forum posts
210 photos

Here's one I've not had before.
I ordered a pair of camera batteries of ebay late on Sunday evening (5th March), for my recently delivered second hand Olympus E-M1x

Only one battery in stock, so I sent a message asking if there were any more on the way to the vendor, and received an almost immediate personal reply saying there was now another listed.

First one arrived this morning (7th) at about 08.30 "serviced by Amazon Logistics" Pretty good service really

The second arrived this evening (again the 7th) at about 22.00, along with the message that it has just been delivered tomorrow on Wed the 8th; even more impressed with the time travel.

Bill

Peter Greene08/03/2023 00:30:47
865 forum posts
12 photos
Posted by old mart on 07/03/2023 19:02:58:

Only the tracking number had been given, and I wonder if these numbers are handed out before the courier even sets eyes on the package.

Fairly typical I would say. I normally get tracking numbers which, if checked immediately, lead to some form of "awaiting shipment from sender" (I'm talking other couriers here .... we don't have EVRI in Canada).

Edited By Peter Greene 🇨🇦 on 08/03/2023 00:31:43

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate