By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Trevor Drabble

Here is a list of all the postings Trevor Drabble has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Charatan motors
06/10/2021 12:06:05

Don't know this particular loco , but M'tronics do a selection of loco motors and matching controllers. Trevor

Thread: Shim stock
03/10/2021 17:28:29

Tonny , l have limited stocks of both brass and steel shim in different thicknesses. If you could please list the actual quantities , sizes and thicknesses you require I'll do what l can to help . Trevor.

Thread: Electric motor and control
25/09/2021 23:00:27

Stephen , I have a good quality 370 watt VFD which l am looking to sell . If you are interested , please PM me for pics . I've tried recently to enter pics on this site , but afraid l failed miserably . Trevor .

Thread: Old gear
18/09/2021 22:00:35

Before you go anywhere near a lathe with this gear , suggest you undertake a spark test on it first in order to give you some indication of workability . Trevor

Thread: Multimeter recommendations
12/09/2021 21:39:38

As far as l am concerned , l am with RA all the way on this one . Regulations , and their literal interpretation , whether simply in the form of a code of practice or statutory , exist not to keep someone in a job but because at some point in the past someone has been hurt or even killed , and you ignore them at your , or worse someonelses peril .

In the event of an untoward occurrence , and you're in front of the man with the silly wig on , or the men from the ministry ( HSE ) and the inevitable question is asked " Do you have a code of practice , and have you followed it ?" you'd better have a bullet proof excuse if your answer is likely to be "no" . BEEN THERE , DONE IT , and it's not a comfortable place to be even when your answer has been " yes".

So well done RA for giving the benefit of your experience and advice so freely and without personal preduice , which with luck will help someone being injured or killed .

On a more specific aspect , is the CE mark shown in the supplied pictures and actual CE mark ( indicating compliance to known standards) or , as been noted in the past simply Chinese Export which just happens to be in the same type face as the genuine CE mark ?

Trevor .

Thread: Cutting Brass Sheet
02/09/2021 13:50:25

Both Chronos and Axminster Tools sell the various Proxxon saws and blades .

Thread: Coolant pump - how to slow flow rate?
30/08/2021 09:08:22

Grotto , Assuming you're using a water-based soluble oil solution , my suggestion would be to simply switch to using cutting oil instead . As well as other benefits , the greater density slows the flow rate considerably. Trevor.

Thread: Silver soldering cast iron
28/08/2021 23:31:30

Mike , l have some cast iron rods and flux for gas welding . Think I also have some Sifbronze. You are welcome to small amounts of each if it helps you . Trevor.

Thread: Sherline lathe
20/08/2021 14:57:13

You may also wish to consider Peatol Lathes in Birmingham , or even Cowells if you have a small lottery win .

Thread: small toothed belts
19/08/2021 12:48:31

SHG Marine supply many items for model boats , including XL belts and pulleys , all at reasonable prices . No connection with company other than as a satisfied customer .

Thread: Design Award
18/08/2021 09:48:30

Was this delayed from 1st April as a result of C19 ?

Thread: Watch glasses
17/08/2021 13:38:45

Mick , Glad Walsh's were able to help and thank you for acknowledging it . Trevor.

17/08/2021 11:10:20

Mick , Does your list of suppliers include H S Walsh and Son ? Trevor.

Thread: New Lathe replacement for Myford
09/08/2021 00:25:16

Also , Lathes UK have a Myford 254S for £3500.

09/08/2021 00:13:08

GandMtools have a used and equipped variable speed Boxford for £2250 + VAT .

Thread: Super7 Power Cross Feed Problem
13/06/2021 20:10:07

Robert , Suggest you may also find ex Myford Nottingham engineers Darren and Pete helpful , if they still available , via [email protected] 07790 364189 , all as described on page 2 of forum post Myford Lathe Service from 14/03/2012. Hope this helps . Trevor

Thread: Boiler Fittings
13/06/2021 08:00:03

Manic , May l suggest JLD Fittings in Thurnscoe South Yorkshire . No connection with company . Trevor

Thread: Home Made Steam Driven Trip Hammer doing some work
26/05/2021 10:54:19

Jim , Have some pics somewhere , so will sort out all and let you know . Trevor

Thread: Best place to find a replacement vice?
25/05/2021 08:52:18

FWIW , In this context , l wouldn't even consider MM . Since l believe 15 years ago , Record were still on Sheffield Parkway , Martin would be my first choice , and then HWM . Trevor.

Thread: Home Made Steam Driven Trip Hammer doing some work
25/05/2021 08:33:29

Blue Heeler , Like others before me , I also like your work . I wonder if you may now be interested in obtaining information on the trip hammers at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet in Sheffield, and also at Wortley Top Forge near Sheffield , with a view to producing working models ?

Trevor.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate