Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Sieg mill circuit board

connections

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alan Marshall 114/04/2023 14:13:37
16 forum posts

My Arc Eurotrade X1 mill developed a fault and the motor control would not run correctly. The motor control, board was of the type FC150BJ which is no longer available but the replacement is supposed to be XMT2315.
I have purchased this from Arc eurotrade but it comes with no circuit connection information. I do have the correct potentiomenter for it.
Having explored the web The Clark Lathe manual has a connection drawing which I have tried but does not work.

Has anyone successfully fitted this board into nthe X! mill? If so what connectiuon arrangement is used.

The connections for the XMT2315 I have tried without success are:

gan... not used
L1 neutral
L2 Live 240V
A- DC out
A+ DC out

K1 and K2 I am unsure I have tried with a switch contact from the on/off/reverse and with no connection at all.

The poetentiometer wires are the same for both boards and go to a plug/socket arrangement.

Emgee14/04/2023 14:25:16
2610 forum posts
312 photos

I notice in an article to fit the replacement board you need to have the matching pot, perhaps the pot you are using is not suitable, the following link goes to the pots on the ARC site.

**LINK**

Emgee

JasonB14/04/2023 15:04:51
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Best bet is to contact the guys at ARC to check if the different board can be used and if so what to connect. Trying random connections could damage the new board. I

Alan Marshall 114/04/2023 15:15:10
16 forum posts

Thanks both, I have the correct pot and arceuro sell the board as a replacement but without circuit data.

Emgee14/04/2023 15:21:38
2610 forum posts
312 photos

Alan

I'm sure if you contact them ARC will be helpful.

Emgee

Neil A14/04/2023 17:22:02
160 forum posts

Looking at the wiring diagram for the XMT-1115 board (110volts) on the little machine shop web site it seems that there should be either a bridging connection or an emergency stop switch between the K3 and K4 connections for the board to function.

https://littlemachineshop.com/images/gallery/drawings/4512-XMT-X1MicroMill.pdf

But I think that I would take Jason's advice and talk it through with the people at ARC before going any further.

Neil

Alan Marshall 114/04/2023 17:37:24
16 forum posts

That is an interesting circuit because it shows a link for an emergencey stop between K3 and K4 I do not have that link in.
I have spoken to Arc and they want the board back to check that it works in their mill. I will be speaking to them again once they have received it and will ask them about the ES link.

John Rudd15/04/2023 09:51:44
1479 forum posts
1 photos

Alan,

PM sent to ….

Ian Johnson 115/04/2023 10:33:56
381 forum posts
102 photos

I would be interested in the outcome for your repair Alan, I have the warco version of this micro mill, bought it years ago, and my circuit board recently developed a fault. It would not go down to zero revs and would start on about 500 revs, so no speed control between 0-500ish, above that it controls the revs as normal. Thinking it was the potentiometer I replaced it, but at the time I couldn't get a 4.7ohm pot so I stuck in a 5ohm pot, no improvement, although the abnormal light came on, which it didn't before.

I would be grateful if you would post up your remedy.

Regards

IanJ

Alan Marshall 115/04/2023 13:05:59
16 forum posts

I will Ian, when its resolved.

Anthony Knights16/04/2023 09:00:28
681 forum posts
260 photos
Posted by Ian Johnson 1 on 15/04/2023 10:33:56:

Thinking it was the potentiometer I replaced it, but at the time I couldn't get a 4.7ohm pot so I stuck in a 5ohm pot, no improvement, although the abnormal light came on, which it didn't before.

I would be grateful if you would post up your remedy.

Regards

IanJ

I think you must have meant a 4.7 or 5 K ohm pot.

Alan Marshall 120/04/2023 14:21:57
16 forum posts

I am happy to say the new circuit board XMT2315 is now working on my mill. A big thank you to Arc for their assistance.

For the record the XMT 2315 board requires a different potentiometer to the original so if you do get the new board from Arc, get the matching potentiometer too.

The new board has clearly marked connectors for L1 and L2 being mains and DC+ and DC- for the motor. the switch on the potentiometer has its terminals at the back A and B and these go to K1 and K2. There is a connector marked GAN this is an earth connection and need not be connected as it goes nowhere on the board. There is another terminal block towards the rear of the board having two terminals. This is for an Estop switch and needs a link if no Estop switch is present. The pot three leads on a plug just plug into the board.

I did a mod to the wiring as the original has the live neutral going to the common of the orange and green lamps. I cut this and made the neutral termination direct into the board ( My green lamp was defunct anyway). If you do not want to do this a new wire will need to be soldered in place to get the live neutral to the board.

The rear switch on the mains switch with wires identified 6 and 7 is not used so these wires can be removed or isolated.

The only peculiarity of all the above is that the orange lamp is now on when running. But I guess that is no worry.

The motor sound different when running and I guess this is due to the replacement board being a SCR (Thyrister) control rather than a PWM (pulse width modulated) control.

My next check is to see how it performs under load. Hopefully I will see no difference.

Ian Johnson 120/04/2023 18:58:29
381 forum posts
102 photos

Sounds like a good replacement for the FC150BJ control board. Hopefully it will perform as normal.

Thanks for the wiring details Alan.

I think a call to Arc euro is due soon, get mine sorted out.

IanJ

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate