Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Digital subscription offer

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
derek hall 125/11/2021 03:33:13
322 forum posts

Hi

Just had an email saying I can subscribe to the digital version of ME for £10 per year and also the same offer for MEW.

This seems a really good offer, but would it give me access to the archive and in this era where flash has been withdrawn do they open ok on a tablet and can you print out an article for use in a workshop?

If the answer to my questions is yes then it seems a great offer to me, but is it to good to be true in this world of scammers I am always suspicious.....

Regards to all

Derek

JasonB25/11/2021 07:58:40
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

You will get access to the archive for the particular mag you subscribe to.

At the moment not all the archive is upto date so you will only be able to read the last few years of ME (approx 75 issues) and about the last 100 issues of MEW. Some posts here say it can all be read on an ipad but I have not tried.

Hopefully MTM will get the rest of the archive updated so it can all be viewed before your 12mth subscription expires but don't hold your breath.

Printing from the issues within your 12mth sub will be easy enough via pocket mags. From the archive is not so straight forward as you need to snip or do a screen capture and then print that out which can loose a bit of clarity but usually good enough to get a usable drawing.

Neil Wyatt25/11/2021 10:21:08
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

I have been told that the plan is to get the archives updated to HTML6 by the end of the year.

Neil

JasonB07/01/2022 07:09:38
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Neil, any updates on this for both mags as it would have been handy to look back at the early mags for yesterdays rotary table query as the text to go with the drawings is in the mag.

Maurice Taylor07/01/2022 09:29:16
275 forum posts
39 photos

Hi, I subscribed to both £10 offers before Christmas .I can read all MEWs and all MEs on my 7 year old Ipad, but not on my Android tablet.

Maurice

Stuart Smith 507/01/2022 09:34:56
349 forum posts
61 photos

Maurice

I can also open all the old ones on my 5 year old iPad Air 2 using Google Chrome browser. (They won’t open using the Safari browser).

I have realised this is because I haven’t updated Chrome to the latest version.

I suspect yours is the same, so if you want to carry on getting access, don’t update it!

Stuart

Edited By Stuart Smith 5 on 07/01/2022 09:37:04

Edited By Stuart Smith 5 on 07/01/2022 09:38:20

Journeyman07/01/2022 09:53:18
1257 forum posts
264 photos
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 25/11/2021 10:21:08:

I have been told that the plan is to get the archives updated to HTML6 by the end of the year.

Neil

That's keen, as far as I know HTML 6 hasn't been released yet! Probably still safer to work to HTML 5 I would have thought.

John

Maurice Taylor07/01/2022 18:42:21
275 forum posts
39 photos
Posted by Stuart Smith 5 on 07/01/2022 09:34:56:

Maurice

I can also open all the old ones on my 5 year old iPad Air 2 using Google Chrome browser. (They won’t open using the Safari browser).

I have realised this is because I haven’t updated Chrome to the latest version.

I suspect yours is the same, so if you want to carry on getting access, don’t update it!

Stuart

Edited By Stuart Smith 5 on 07/01/2022 09:37:04

Edited By Stuart Smith 5 on 07/01/2022 09:38:20

Hi,Stuart Thank you for the advice

Maurice

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate