Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Warco wm250v

Run issue

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Orlando Maia05/08/2021 22:13:26
1 forum posts

Hi everyone. My warco 250v has been playing up. It dosent always spin when i turn it on. If i spin chuck by hand when pushing button this sometimes helps it to start. And while running it is sometimes cutting in and out and slowing down and speeding back up on its own. And if i turn switch to reverse it seems to start most times and runs smoother. I am lost. Think it may be the inverter or something expensive.

I have a 2019 model with 1.1k motor.

oldvelo06/08/2021 09:25:02
297 forum posts
56 photos

One possible cause is the speed control Potentiometer tracks dirty or damaged. Try Contact Cleaner on the pot or wire in a new pot of the same Ohms value.

Richard Marks06/08/2021 09:45:18
218 forum posts
8 photos

Check the brushes in the motor, they may be sticking due to wear and carbon build up inside the motor,

Rik Shaw06/08/2021 11:21:15
1494 forum posts
403 photos

Having purchased, used and finally got shot of my older than yours model all I can say is that the speed control board is pants. The last one I fitted was repaired by a very nice bloke on here who is no longer with us. My new machine means I have to shift belts around to change speed - a bit of a pain but at least it does not involve blue flashes and puffs of smoke thumbs up

Hope you get yours sorted soon without to much expense - good luck.

Rik

SteveW06/08/2021 12:02:02
140 forum posts
11 photos

I had same symptoms. Cured by resetting resistor on control board that was not fully seated in its socket. Has been no problem since. I understand the resistor is socketed so it can be matched to the particular motor that is installed.

Steve

board.jpg

Bo'sun06/08/2021 12:15:42
754 forum posts
2 photos

Agree with oldvelo. While not the same machine, mine was the WM250, a new potentiometer (fortunately under warranty) fixed the problem.

I was told to turn down the potentiometer before switching off. A bit of a pain every time, but maybe this is a cause of premature wear in the track?

Sam Longley 106/08/2021 13:01:41
965 forum posts
34 photos

My lathe (250MV) would need to be turned off & on several times to get it to start & sometimes , if I did not press stop after a false "on", it would suddenly start when I was adjusting something in the lathe, with painful results. This happened 3-4 times. I had to remember to press the stop button every time that I wanted to do anything. It did do the stop, slow, go that the OP mentioned.

A part of the electrics, not sure what it is called, clips on to a sort of rail at the back of the component. I traced the problem to a bad connection where the component was not making proper contact to the rail. In the end I placed a block of wood against the component & the cover( held with some double sided tape) & screwed the cover shut , such that it forces the component onto the rail. Since then I do not get the problem very often & have not had a sudden start when working on the lathe.

Edited By Sam Longley 1 on 06/08/2021 13:02:01

Edited By Sam Longley 1 on 06/08/2021 13:02:50

Paul M16/08/2021 09:04:11
86 forum posts
4 photos

I have a 250V and had a problem with intermittent starting, juddering and suddenly stopping. It turned out to be the contactor block. If you do take a look at it, make sure you photo the wiring and label the wires before removing the block.

I got a replacement from Warco under warranty. To purchase they are about £40+.

img_5956.jpeg

Edited By Paul M on 16/08/2021 09:04:37

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate