Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Royal Mail Tracking Numbers!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alistair Robertson 123/07/2021 13:02:01
154 forum posts
6 photos

Hi, All.

Up until the last few days our Royal Mail deliveries have been excellent but over the last 12 days or so things have gone seriously wrong.

I have 8 items that I am waiting on, some from Ebay and some from other on-line retailers.

All have been supplied with Tracking Numbers but they don't work as they should.

I know RM only update when the parcel is delivered but on two of them I paid for tracking as the items are expensive but the RM system says item number cannot be found!

The sellers have tried to find the items but no joy and have offered to repay my money but one of the items I cannot get anywhere.

Anyone else got any tales to tell?

Mike Crossfield23/07/2021 13:12:04
286 forum posts
36 photos

Like you, I have found RM pretty reliable in the past, but I had a problem with the last parcel I sent. This was about 3 weeks ago. I paid for Signed For delivery, but 3 days after the recipient received the parcel the tracking service was still showing it as undelivered. I complained to RM, and they refunded the postage cost (in stamps). First time I ever had a problem like this.

Mike

JasonB23/07/2021 13:16:28
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Probably all the staff have been pinged

mgnbuk23/07/2021 13:30:21
1394 forum posts
103 photos

RM are certainly having problems due to staff shortages. Talking with the postman at work yesterday (we share some interests, so have a quick chat most days), he said he was working 11 hour days to try and catch up as they had so many off - 10 absent on Thursday.

Also having issues with ParcelForce - checking the tracking on a "Next day" delivery of parts required to complete a repair, I found that the parcel had been "Out for Delivery" twice & "Returned to Depot" twice before it was finally delivered. Confirmed despatched last Friday, delivered 5.30pm Wednesday. If the drivers don't get all the packages delivered by the end of their shift, they just take them back to the depot.

Some of the RM & PF tracking (particularly for items supplied & tracked via Ebay) just doesn't get updated - most items I get at the moment are delivered while the tracking has not moved on from "Parcel collected".

Interesting times.

NigelB .

martin perman23/07/2021 13:42:14
2095 forum posts
75 photos

We have an issue here with the post, our deliveries are usually between 11:00 and 13:00 but this week weve hardly had any post and at 19:45 last night we had a load.

Martin P

Harry Wilkes23/07/2021 15:55:42
1613 forum posts
72 photos
Posted by JasonB on 23/07/2021 13:16:28:

smiley or they cutting back to save for all the compensation there are going to payout wink

H

not done it yet24/07/2021 12:36:01
7517 forum posts
20 photos

Watch out re some ebay deliveries. Some say stock in the UK, but delivery is from china.

JA24/07/2021 13:32:55
1605 forum posts
83 photos
Posted by mgnbuk on 23/07/2021 13:30:21:

Also having issues with ParcelForce - checking the tracking on a "Next day" delivery of parts required to complete a repair, I found that the parcel had been "Out for Delivery" twice & "Returned to Depot" twice before it was finally delivered. Confirmed despatched last Friday, delivered 5.30pm Wednesday. If the drivers don't get all the packages delivered by the end of their shift, they just take them back to the depot.

Interesting times.

NigelB .

A month ago I ordered some items from RS. Parcel Force tried delivering the packge when I was out. I then used their website asking for the delivery to be made three days later since I would not be in for the second, next day, delivery. The package did not arrive so I had to collect it from the depot 15 miles away. On asking why it was not delivered on the requested day I was told that such communications did not work!

In my eyes they are last in a highly competitive industry.

JA

ega24/07/2021 14:39:45
2805 forum posts
219 photos
Posted by JasonB on 23/07/2021 13:16:28:

Pingu - to think that one little emperor penguin could cause so much bother!

David Colwill24/07/2021 21:09:32
782 forum posts
40 photos

I use a few delivery firms including Royal Mail and can safely say the they are all having problems. Not only are they having problems with staff shortages but the demand for delivery is higher.

I should say the my experience with Royal Mail and tracking numbers is that they can be wrong. Either saying that parcels have been delivered when they haven't or vice versa. On the plus side most parcels do seem to get there in the end but a wait of 4 / 5 weeks doesn't go down well with my customers and since I'm not about to start my own nationwide delivery service there isn't much I can do about it.

David.

Michael Gilligan24/07/2021 21:39:31
23121 forum posts
1360 photos

Perhaps I was just lucky, but … I placed a small order with Pimoroni, at about 13:30hrs yesterday

It was delivered in today's post, and the tracking number correctly shows delivery.

System apparently working as it should.

MichaelG.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/pages/about-us

Edited By Michael Gilligan on 24/07/2021 21:42:37

Alistair Robertson 126/07/2021 16:22:55
154 forum posts
6 photos

An update on my RM issues.

OK I parcel has arrived with several different labels and stamps which I cannot decipher but appears to have been in Bristol, Burnley and Burton Latimer! (I Jest)

The valuable parcel has disappeared entirely including the tracking information which the supplier is pulling his hair out over. RM agree they took the money for the parcel but they must have issued an incorrect number which is not in their format. They are not prepared to compensate him until they can find the package and the tracking but of course they cannot find it!! This was all UK to UK destinations.

I received on Friday a small packet from China, which was delivered by RM and within 5 minutes I got an email from the seller asking if I was happy with the product. How come RM can deliver and trace a package from China but not from the UK?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate