Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Allendale-Ultrasonics

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ChrisH07/05/2021 19:21:47
1023 forum posts
30 photos

Is it just my computer or is there a problem with the Allendale-Ultrasonics website? Can everyone else see pictures for all the products? On my screen there are only a couple of products sporting photos of the object, the rest of them seem to just have a sort of logo or else the blue square with a question mark in it?

So is it just me?

Chris

Edited By ChrisH on 07/05/2021 19:22:19

JasonB07/05/2021 19:27:49
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Looks fine to me

ChrisH07/05/2021 19:35:52
1023 forum posts
30 photos

Humm Jason, any idea why I should not see photos of the products?

Samsaranda07/05/2021 19:40:42
1688 forum posts
16 photos

No problems viewing with my IPad. Dave W

ChrisH07/05/2021 20:11:16
1023 forum posts
30 photos

I will try with my iPad, when I have charged it up!!

ChrisH07/05/2021 22:35:58
1023 forum posts
30 photos

How bizarre, website perfect with the iPad, no pics with the MacBook. How does that work then?

Dr. MC Black08/05/2021 17:58:20
334 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by ChrisH on 07/05/2021 22:35:58:

How bizarre, website perfect with the iPad, no pics with the MacBook. How does that work then?

I have similar problems!

Some web-sites refuse to either work at all or fail to work properly. Sometimes messages appear telling me that I "MUST" upgrade my browser.

The browsers on my computer are the most recent that will work on my Operating System.

As I see it, if a company's web site will NOT work properly with my system as it is, then they will NOT benefit from my business.

I have an Allendale Ultrasonic bath which I bought from their premises in Hoddesdon. When there appeared to be a fault, I took it back and their technician conducted extensive tests while I was there -this was before Covid, of course.

I have always found the people at Allendale very pleasant and helpful.

MC

Machine-DRO10/05/2021 13:45:56
32 forum posts
25 photos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback, our web team cant see any issues this side, could you email me a screenshot on what is being displayed along with Safari version?

[email protected]

Thank you in advance for your help and support

Regards

Alan Ward

John Doe 206/10/2022 18:41:35
441 forum posts
29 photos

Just bought an Allendale 3L ultrasonic cleaner. Great service.

Never having used an ultrasonic cleaner before, how loud should they be in operation? Mine really needs ear defenders to stand next to it while it's cleaning.

I assumed it would be fairly quiet, since I definitely cannot hear 40kHz ! but it makes quite a loud buzzing. There are also almost no bubbles produced in the cleaning solution. Should I expect any?

I have emailed Allendale, but just wondering if others could comment on their own cleaners for comparison.

martin perman06/10/2022 19:06:35
2095 forum posts
75 photos

Have you got your parts in a basket or directly in the tank, they should be in a basket isolated from the tank bottom.

Martin P

Grindstone Cowboy06/10/2022 19:13:01
1160 forum posts
73 photos

Mine, a generic Chinese type, is pretty noisy whether parts are in a basket or not. And yes, ear defenders are called for if you are close to it. The bubbles are very small, and not produced in large quantities, so I'd say yours is working the same as mine, and mine does what it's supposed to.

Rob

SillyOldDuffer06/10/2022 19:24:20
10668 forum posts
2415 photos
Posted by Dr. MC Black on 08/05/2021 17:58:20:
Posted by ChrisH on 07/05/2021 22:35:58:

I have similar problems!

Some web-sites refuse to either work at all or fail to work properly. Sometimes messages appear telling me that I "MUST" upgrade my browser.

The browsers on my computer are the most recent that will work on my Operating System.

Dr Black may have identified the problem - an out-of-date Browser running on an out-of-date operating system that's unable to render a modern website.

Computer programs change rather quickly due to the need to block security loopholes, fix bugs, add new features, support new hardware, and remain compatible with a mass of other software that's also continually updating. Sadly, because it's impossible to write a computer program that anticipates the future, older software tends to lose capability over time as functional gaps open up with it's descendents.

Best I find to keep computers reasonably up-to-date because eventually getting a new computer is likely to jump several versions of everything in one go causing severe culture shock!

Which versions of Safari and macOS do you have Chris?

Dave

Graham Stoppani07/10/2022 07:01:43
157 forum posts
29 photos

In addition to what has already been said:

1. When filling an ultrasonic bath with fresh solution run it for ten or fifteen minutes to 'de-gas' the liquid. Why? I haven't the foggiest, but I worked for a company that sold large ultrasonic baths and this is what the experts recommended.

2. A simple test to see if your bath is working correctly. Place a bit of kitchen foil in the solution and run for a few minutes. You should be able to see a number of pin holes punched in the foil.

I use a cheap bath and it is very noisy.

Graham

not done it yet07/10/2022 08:58:15
7517 forum posts
20 photos

My first suggestion/question would be whether it is only that one website that is apparently giving a problem.

We are told, thus far, that it is one website only.

John Doe 207/10/2022 09:30:13
441 forum posts
29 photos

OK, thank you. Well I am using my Allendale cleaner exactly according to the instructions: Using their cleaning solution, diluted and heated to the instructions, de-gassing the solution, using a basket.

I have done a foil test and a few holes appeared, but not very many.

But I hadn't expected it to be so loud in operation. It sounds to me like a loose transformer element, and I am wondering if one of the 40kHz transducers is loose or something?

Dr. MC Black07/10/2022 12:07:20
334 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by not done it yet on 07/10/2022 08:58:15:

My first suggestion/question would be whether it is only that one website that is apparently giving a problem.

We are told, thus far, that it is one website only.

My computer cannot display many web-sites.

That means that the relevant company does NOT get my business!

Paul Rhodes07/10/2022 14:44:09
81 forum posts

For what it is worth my Walker Industries ultrasound (10'x4"x4" approx) produces 46DbA at 10inches ...according to the app on my I phone. I suspect JD2 that there is something wrong with your unit.

John Doe 210/10/2022 17:13:24
441 forum posts
29 photos

Allendale tell me that the 3L model I purchased has an operating noise level of 82-86dBA. Which seems about what I am hearing.

The operating noise initially sounded as if a transformer core or transducer was loose, but after a few cycles, the noise has settled down to a much more refined buzz rather than an "angry ragged loose core noise", so I guess the transducers have bedded in now.

Allendale have very good service, you can easily email them with questions and receive intelligent replies from real people.

I have to say the cleaning is remarkable: for example: an old rusty, dirty, soft faced hammer of my Dad's I was about to throw away has come up looking almost new, all the old paint and dirt that would not come off simply disappeared after using the degreaser solution and two 20 minute cleaning cycles, and all the rust - and I mean all the rust - has completely gone in the de-rust solution. I wish now I had taken before and after photos.

The cleaning fluids Allendale sell are really good too - a range specifically formulated for different cleaning tasks.

No connection to Allendale at all, just a happy customer.

Edited By John Doe 2 on 10/10/2022 17:14:46

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate