Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Hermes. A Company in Total Confusion!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Stevenson12/10/2021 08:12:28
579 forum posts
7 photos

My missus is currently trying to get a parcel which Hermes have had for a couple of weeks. She has been exchanging emails with the seller who is Marks & Spencer but their hands are tied and they apparently have to use whichever carrier is immediately available to the distribution centre.

It needs someone with a media connection to do an expose of Hermes since they appear to more or less use slave labour and at least half their business seems to end in frustration for both buyers and sellers.....there's more to the story than most people know.

John Paton 112/10/2021 08:31:28
327 forum posts
20 photos

Yes Bob I have a similar issue - paid for express delivery and then get this message from Hermes

'There's a delay with the delivery of your Lighting Direct parcel.

We'll let you know when your parcel will be out for delivery.'

At one point the Hermes website referred to some exceptional or major issue but did not specify what that is / was. I had wondered if maybe that was connected with the WhatsApp outage recently as their confirmation of receipt of the parcel from the retailer appeared slow and Hermes sent that message twice, however your wife's experience predates the WhatsApp outage so maybe it is a separate issue (driver shortage, fuel difficulties and associated backlog at depot?)

Having paid the retailer extra for express delivery (1-2 days) last Thursday' and the goods not arrived on time I have asked for a refund of the postage cost (the delay has caused me to miss the deadline on the job in hand.)

Edited By John Paton 1 on 12/10/2021 08:31:54

Samsaranda12/10/2021 09:15:28
1688 forum posts
16 photos

Had a parcel delivered by Hermes last week, it was fish food for my Koi purchased from Amazon Prime, the food is contained in a stout plastic drum and the weight is 10 kilos. When it arrived it was the drum just wrapped in grey plastic, on opening the plastic wrapping I found that the drum had been crushed and the lid had burst open, must have take a fair force to achieve that amount of damage, and the fish food pellets were spilling out of the drum and through tears in the plastic wrapping. I emailed Amazon and asked them to tell their carriers to take more care of items that customers have paid good money for, their response was immediate and apologetic and they refunded the total cost of the fish food which amounted to £68.85, so full marks to Amazon on that score but I wish they wouldn’t use cowboy carrier firms. Dave W

Journeyman12/10/2021 11:12:32
1257 forum posts
264 photos

They do get it right sometimes! I have had two packages delivered by Hermes recently, both on time and within the 2 hour delivery slot. Not quite sure that the driver has got the idea of photographing the package with an open door.

hermes.jpg

Nice picture of my doormat though!

John

Harry Wilkes12/10/2021 15:43:01
1613 forum posts
72 photos

Talk of the devil driver just turned up with an order that the wife placed yesterday 16.00 ish smiley

H

Martin W12/10/2021 18:06:21
940 forum posts
30 photos

Ordered some bits and pieces from China, not engineering related. The company supplied a tracking number and using this I was able to see the progress of this order across China, transit to the UK and arrival at the Slough depot of the shipping company where it was scheduled to be picked up for delivery by Hermes once it had cleared customs etc. The day after clearance I received an email from Hermes stating it was going to delivered the next day between 10:00 and 11:00. GUESS WHAT the door bell rang at about 10:20 and the Hermes man was there ready to hand me my parcel and take the now obligatory picture. Problems none, service spot on, well done Hermes in this case. No vested interests in this or any other courier company, Just a satisfied customer, but waiting for the cock up to strike.

Martin

Mike Hurley13/10/2021 09:48:03
530 forum posts
89 photos

Just for a bit of balance, we have had things delivered several times recently (including yesterday) by Hermes without any problems at all - on time, kept informed and a really pleasant lady who delivers stuff.

Perhaps there are just some regional issues with lack of staff as is affecting everything else? I'm obviously sorry for people who have had major problems though.

Chris Gunn13/10/2021 10:54:11
459 forum posts
28 photos

I have to say my experience with Hermes recently is spot on, I have been decluttering via Ebay, and almost all of my sales have been shipped via Hermes, without any problems. I do book and pay for my shipment on line direct with Hermes, and the stuff is always picked up on time. I suspect that when the transaction passes from company to company, then problems can arise, and may not be of Hermes making.

Chris Gunn

Stuart Bridger14/10/2021 18:30:12
566 forum posts
31 photos

Just had a positive experience with Hermes.
Ordered an electrical spare and it was delivered today, albeit a day late, but not on a premium service and I was kept informed via email of the delay.
The delivery agent advised the box was slightly damaged (I have seen a lot worse), He was happy to wait while I opened the box and checked the contents, which were fine.

Andrew Tinsley14/10/2021 19:09:59
1817 forum posts
2 photos

Just had a delivery which had taken just 24 hours to get here. Amazing service. People are quick to moan when things go wrong, but don't often praise when it is due.

Andrew.

modeng200014/10/2021 19:13:40
340 forum posts
1 photos

I have also had a similar delivery today.

John

RMA04/06/2022 18:02:16
332 forum posts
4 photos

This is an old thread and mainly about Hermes, but does anyone have a number/email address for DPD complaints? Their website conveniently avoids the problem and if you can get to talk to anyone, they tell a pack of lies! This is the worst 'service ' I have experienced from any courier.

pgk pgk04/06/2022 18:30:20
2661 forum posts
294 photos

from google;

DPD (UK) complaints contacts
  1. Email Customer Services on [email protected].
  2. Email Sinead Croke (Director of Customer Experience) on [email protected].
  3. Call Customer Services on 0121 275 0500.
  4. Tweet DPD (UK) Customer Services.
  5. Follow DPD (UK)
  6. Tweet DPD (UK)

Although generally our local DPD are brill and happily cart the heavy stuff into the barn for Mrs

pgk

RMA05/06/2022 09:29:24
332 forum posts
4 photos
Posted by pgk pgk on 04/06/2022 18:30:20:

from google;

DPD (UK) complaints contacts
  1. Email Customer Services on [email protected].
  2. Email Sinead Croke (Director of Customer Experience) on [email protected].
  3. Call Customer Services on 0121 275 0500.
  4. Tweet DPD (UK) Customer Services.
  5. Follow DPD (UK)
  6. Tweet DPD (UK)

Although generally our local DPD are brill and happily cart the heavy stuff into the barn for Mrs

pgk

Thanks for that, but I also did a google search when I discovered there is no 'contact us' or complaint section on their website and got the same selection. I tried 1; 2, and 3 above and got nowhere. The Croke email is a joke, and the customer service phone number gives you a recorded message with several options. All you get back is a fancy message saying how they have improved their service and puts you back to their help section!! I don't do Tweet so cannot comment.

Calls to my local branch (5 so far) get diverted to other towns and the operator just lies. Following one of these calls on Tuesday, the operator said he had phoned the driver and he would be with me in 20 minutes......still waiting!!

Ah well, that's the French for you!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate