By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Trevor Drabble

Here is a list of all the postings Trevor Drabble has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Milling Attachment for Flexispeed
15/03/2021 11:59:27

James , The vice is 2 7/8"(74mm) wide x 4 1/4"(111mm) long [excluding handle] x 1 3/8"(35mm) deep and so would need mounting on a sub-table , and so probably not suitable for your needs . Can take and email pics if you decide you still interested . I also have another new and unused and boxed Toolmakers Vice 2 3/4" x 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" . Also , Arc do a tool vice , 130-040-04048 which you may find of interest .

14/03/2021 21:16:46

James , l have a new and unused boxed Myford MA71 vice l got from the original Myford Nottingham company . If you are interested in it l could send you some pics For some unknown reason l can't now post pics into my albums from my tablet . Not sure of value , so will need to trawl net for an idea . Trevor.

Thread: SIF bronzing a crack in cast iron.
13/03/2021 21:38:58

Andrew , I should have a 2.5mm dia or 3.2mm dia nickle rod you can have for use with a stick welder if you feel it any good for you . Also , for O/A , have you tried Hobbyweld ? Trevor .

Thread: Water based rust inhibitor
13/03/2021 16:47:46

Have you seen the excellent range of Shield Technology products available from Arc ? No connection with company , but have used 3 of the 5 ST products with considerable success . Trevor.

Thread: What is running-in oil?
09/03/2021 17:10:02

Bob, Colloidal graphite is still available from Graphogen at around £20 per tube , but if you PM me your details l can supply you some of mine cos you dnt need a lot . It's main advantage is that it plasticisers the sufaces of the metal so that instead of the peaks being chopped off, the metal is deformed and moved down into the valleys . Trevor

Thread: Laser Cutter
27/02/2021 17:19:30

Bert, H S Walsh and Sons ( 01959 543660 ) do a number of laser macines.

Thread: Winter Gloves ... any recommendations ?
19/02/2021 10:13:36

Michael , For what it's worth , l suffer similar problems to yourself and l have always been pleased with my Merino wool Sealskinz glove liners , which are frequently used on their own in mild/cold weather , and also their Extreme gloves .

Trevor.

Thread: Electric motor for L C Mason's Small Lathe
10/02/2021 13:23:04

Ricky , Believe the Cowells and small Sieg machines use 125 W - 150 W motors . Hope this helps . Trevor.

Thread: Battleship Grey
31/07/2020 15:52:48

Sorry , that should read model surface warship association . DURR !

31/07/2020 14:30:06

Floyd , Have you tried asking any of the model warship manufacturers such as say Deans Marine , Airfix or Fleetscale ? In addition there's also the Scale Model Warship Society . Trevor. 

Edited By Trevor Drabble on 31/07/2020 14:31:22

Thread: cutting upholstery foam
31/07/2020 14:20:26

Hot wire foam cutter . Plenty on Amazon as your starter for 10 , or model aircraft suppliers such as say Leeds Model Shop ( no connection ) .

Trevor.

Thread: DYMO labels [safe removal] ... what method ?
19/06/2020 20:50:04

Michael,

I can supply you with a small bottle of Axminster Tools , Goo Gone , part number 477112 . If of interest , please PM me your details .

Trevor.

Thread: record no 22 vice jaw replacement
15/06/2020 14:35:05

Cromwell Tools supply replacement jaws ( part no SEN 5671040K ) to suit their 100 m/m vice at £24.60/pr + VAT .

Thread: WANTED: Clockwork mechanism
07/05/2020 23:28:52

At the start of the indoor model section at the annual Lincolnshire Steam rally which is held in August , there's normally a chap with stall selling all manor of Meccano parts , including clockwork motors , which may be capable of being adapted . Although I don't have any contact details for him , maybe the show organisers , or even the local model engineering club , who also attend will .have.

Another option would be the Meccano Guild .

Meccanoman has a number of clockwork motors for sale . 

Hope this all helps.

Edited By Trevor Drabble on 07/05/2020 23:39:34

Thread: Diesel horn
27/11/2019 22:14:43

Mtronics in Yorkshire also have some interesting products in this area . Certainly not the cheapest but good and with after sales service too. No connection with company , just a satisfied customer .

Trevor.

Thread: Record 25 vice handle
13/11/2019 18:24:11

Andrew , Have you tried talking with Irwin , the owner of Record , either for the spec or maybe even a complete replacement handle ?

Trevor .

Thread: 'Bristol Handles'
02/11/2019 11:17:03

Have previously used Cotel Mouldings of Burnley . Large range of industrial quality products . No connection with the company .

Thread: Milling Machines - Myford vs Sieg
29/10/2019 18:54:18

Mike ,

I am sure I've got a hard copy of the manual . I am not computer literate , but will try to take pics of it with my Amazon Fire tablet so I can email them to you if you would care to send me a PM with your email details .

Trevor.

Thread: Tingling from Myford Super 7
07/10/2019 13:07:48

I have used Kraus + Naimer switches successfully for a number of years . They have a huge number of switching options and have proved very reliable . Suggest you get out a qualified electrician to fully check out and test not only your existing installation a.s.a.p. but also to wire any replacement switch and then re-test once installed. . Hope this all helps .

Thread: Question from a customer
06/10/2019 14:03:36

Fizzy , In principle , l agree with you , assuming the boilers are designed and tested for a working pressure above 30 psi . Such pressure reversals is how both our porous load and instrument sterilisers worked every day . I would also wish to offer the following constructive comments ,

1) The end caps on the boilers are wrong . They should at least be flat ( depending on design calcs ) , or preferably convex , but certainly not concave as shown .

2) The steam header is wrong for effective balance . Rather than having a single central take off , there should be two teed take offs , each preferably spaced one third of the length along the header with each tee feeding a smaller short header , and then a single centrally placed teed feed to the engines .

Trevor

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate