By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

ENGINEDIY VE-01 Vacuum Engine unboxing

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Blue Heeler14/07/2023 04:33:16
342 forum posts

My newly received ENGINEDIY VE 01 Vacuum Engine, always a pleasure to unbox an engine that has been packed so well for travel halfway around the world. Looking forward to taking a good look at this engine and getting it running in my next video.

lee webster14/07/2023 09:00:31
383 forum posts
71 photos

This is the third forum I've posted this reply. Is this an engine you have built, or is it a chinese advert?

Graham Titman14/07/2023 09:22:41
158 forum posts
28 photos

Having endured 3mins it certainly does not look as though he has built it

JasonB14/07/2023 09:24:39
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Interested to know if you bought it or were sent it free to promote?

SillyOldDuffer14/07/2023 09:38:23
10668 forum posts
2415 photos

Might look like product promotion, but I vote 'not guilty'.

Blue Heeler has posted many other videos of this type covering umpteen other small engines, old, new, Western and Far Eastern. Taken as a whole, his posts don't look like a sales pitch to me. Just sharing an interest in what's out there.

Pays to suspect everything though - the internet is wild and hairy!

Dave

JasonB14/07/2023 09:53:50
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Its the way it works though Dave, The companies see people who have popular channels and then start sending items FOC in the hope a video gets made which is an indirect form of advertising.

Just like companies sending items in to our Editors for a "Review" it just gets put down to their advertising budget

There is also a hell of a lot of spam posting by these engine makers/suppliers at the moment affecting a lot of forums as social media groups

duncan webster14/07/2023 14:05:50
5307 forum posts
83 photos

I've got better things to do with my time than watching someone open a cardboard box.

Dalboy14/07/2023 15:12:59
1009 forum posts
305 photos
Posted by JasonB on 14/07/2023 09:53:50:

Its the way it works though Dave, The companies see people who have popular channels and then start sending items FOC in the hope a video gets made which is an indirect form of advertising.

Just like companies sending items in to our Editors for a "Review" it just gets put down to their advertising budget

There is also a hell of a lot of spam posting by these engine makers/suppliers at the moment affecting a lot of forums as social media groups

I notice more and more people who I use to watch on u tube they started to do so many reviews of things that they have been sent FOC. I now say so on their channel and unsubscribe. If I want to watch adverts for something I will sit in front of a TV

not done it yet14/07/2023 17:46:21
7517 forum posts
20 photos

It’s (currently) had 153 youtube views and 6 comments (only 13 hours, so perhaps check back at some later point). But I expect the suppliers will carry on getting his rave reviews of their products, however efficient, or inefficient these toys might be.

This ix where engine efficiency is claimed as 100% - even if it can only just about drive itself.🙂🙂🙂 Ha ha ha. At least the usual complimentor has not added his plaudits - well, not as yet.

Howard Lewis14/07/2023 20:15:42
7227 forum posts
21 photos

Being cynical, especially about what looks to be a flame gulper, obtaining 100% eddiciency should make the designer an instant billionaire.

Howard

SillyOldDuffer14/07/2023 20:31:58
10668 forum posts
2415 photos
Posted by JasonB on 14/07/2023 09:53:50:

And there was me thinking the Internet was completely altruistic, honest, and safe. Another illusion shattered: it's Father Christmas all over again.

thinking

Dave

JasonB14/07/2023 20:42:12
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Just don't sit on his knee when he says he has something for you to unwrap smile o

duncan webster14/07/2023 23:05:54
5307 forum posts
83 photos

So if we think it's advertising shouldn't the thread be removed?

Bazyle14/07/2023 23:21:22
6956 forum posts
229 photos

Arrgh. Unboxing is one of those stupid milenium words.

Excuse me while I go and unfridge a milk bottle, unbottle it into my coffee so I can uncup said coffee down my gullet.

Blue Heeler15/07/2023 07:37:46
342 forum posts
Posted by SillyOldDuffer on 14/07/2023 09:38:23:

Might look like product promotion, but I vote 'not guilty'.

Blue Heeler has posted many other videos of this type covering umpteen other small engines, old, new, Western and Far Eastern. Taken as a whole, his posts don't look like a sales pitch to me. Just sharing an interest in what's out there.

Pays to suspect everything though - the internet is wild and hairy!

Dave

Thanks Dave.
I have around 500 videos on my channel, anyone who has spent even a little while perusing my channel and seeing my engines in my collection knows that I'm model nut be it steam, IC engine, flame gulper etc etc.
I'm enthusiastic about the hobby and part of the hobby for me is sharing.
For me also, I enjoy watching other unboxing new or old engines that they have just received and living vicariously through their enjoyment.
There's always bitter people, always has been always will be.....I've never let their bitterness taint my enjoyment.

Bob Unitt 116/07/2023 14:09:32
323 forum posts
35 photos

Personally, I enjoy Blue Heeler's posts about the engines he's bought, assembled, modified, made accessories for etc.. I certainly don't see it as 'advertising', and don't think it's out-of-place on this forum (or any of the others he posts to).

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate