Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Casting

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
cliff almond 119/12/2021 20:26:59
7 forum posts

Hi,

I'm in the process of making sand moulds for a number of castings I require in both Cast Iron and Bronze.

Does anyone know of any companies offering a small scale casting service?

Many thanks

Cliff

Steviegtr19/12/2021 20:48:40
2668 forum posts
352 photos

A past friend of mine used to have his castings done for traction engines at a foundry in Castleford. West yorks. Not sure if they are still in business. Or the name of them.

Steve.

JasonB19/12/2021 20:53:04
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

I did some patterns last year, the iron ones were done by Purbright and the aluminium by Madley Brass who also do bronze. Both came out very well and they will both do one offs or small batches.

duncan webster19/12/2021 23:21:50
5307 forum posts
83 photos

I've used jte castings in Wigan for iron. They don't do bronze

noel shelley19/12/2021 23:26:36
2308 forum posts
33 photos

It very much depends where abouts you are ? Bridport Foundry do good work. Noel

JasonB20/12/2021 07:00:06
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Not sure why location really is an issue, those patterns were posted by me to Wales and then posted on to the foundry and they would have sent them back if not collected by a third party to get them back to Wales where mine were posted to me. In all cases postage was cheaper than petrol would have been

Dave Smith 1420/12/2021 08:51:07
222 forum posts
48 photos

Owl castings.

Metal Casting | Owl Castings | England

Chris Evans 620/12/2021 09:04:36
2156 forum posts

Plus 1 for Purbright for the iron castings, only 25 miles from me. Not sure re bronze, never had any done. Last aluminium bronze I had done was by a foundry in Kingswinford West Midlands. Foundry name escapes me I will post it if I remember.

Mike Hurley20/12/2021 10:16:24
530 forum posts
89 photos

+1 for Owl. Very good service - they did several for me and was well pleased. Reasonable prices and good turnaround time. They'll draw up, protoype & cast from originals if you want.

Regards, Mike

Jon Lawes20/12/2021 11:13:21
1078 forum posts

+1 for Owl

Adrian R220/12/2021 12:20:50
196 forum posts
5 photos

Just out of curiosity, and without predudicing customer/supplier confidentiality, what is the order of magnitude for this type of work? Are we talking tens, hundreds or thousands to get something made?

Background: Not model engineering - I designed a towbar bracket for my bike in Fusion 360 and had it 3D printed for £15. It might be strong enough, but if not then can I give the same file to a foundry and have them make me one in aluminium without it costing more than the bike itself?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate