ASK FOR OR OFFER TO TALK HERE

FOR CORONAVIRUS-RELATED REQUESTS ONLY

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Wyatt23/03/2020 14:29:39
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

I know that this forum is providing a valuable way for us to communicate, but sometimes its hard to talk about things in such an open way.

While there are places to talk to if things are getting too much, many of us will simply be bored, lonely or worried stuck on our own (or in a small group) and would appreciate someone different but like-minded to talk to.

Please use this thread if you would be like to talk to another forum members.

Don't put your phone number on here! If there's someone you want to contact send them a personal message by clicking 'message member' under their posting. They will get your message in their inbox and you can exchange messages and arrange a mutually convenient time to call.

Please be sensible, I think it's very unlikely anyone would be low enough to try and scam anyone using this approach, but do be cautious about giving out details to anyone who isn't a forum regular and don't post your number on the open forum.

I hope this helps folks.

Neil

If you think you or a family member may have symptoms of coronavirus or needs other health advice, ring 111.

For requests that are urgent or emergencies ring 999.

Finally, remember that services like the Samaritans, CALM and Combatstress as well as many other organisations can offer real help if you feel low, depressed or suicidal.

If yo

Former Member23/03/2020 14:39:37
1329 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

Neil Wyatt23/03/2020 16:18:42
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

Thanks Bill!

Neil

ega23/03/2020 16:30:43
2805 forum posts
219 photos

Neil and Bill

Good on yer!

Wouldn't it promote these ideas if those who are willing to communicate gave at least some minimal information about themselves in their public profiles?

Russell Eberhardt23/03/2020 16:40:35
2785 forum posts
87 photos
Posted by ega on 23/03/2020 16:30:43

Wouldn't it promote these ideas if those who are willing to communicate gave at least some minimal information about themselves in their public profiles?

Yes! Even just a rough location would help. Just county and country?

Russell

Former Member23/03/2020 17:20:03
1329 forum posts

ega23/03/2020 17:36:38
2805 forum posts
219 photos

Twilight can be a very pleasant time of day!

I have memories of holidays in North Devon: Lynmouth, and a cycle tour which was cut short by a storm.

Former Member23/03/2020 17:56:47
1329 forum posts

Peter Krogh23/03/2020 18:07:00
228 forum posts
20 photos

Very good, Neil and Bill! When one is isolating and caring for fragile family, things can be a bit lonely as well as hectic. Knowing there is someone who is willing to share or listen is very comforting.

I don't think I'll call Bill as there is 8 hours time difference. Fortunately we have nearby friends...

Hang in there!

Pete

Neil Wyatt23/03/2020 21:02:23
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

I was really cheered up a few days ago by a phone call from a correspondent in New Zealand so don't worry too much about location - although it's far cheaper to call the UK from down under than vice-versa!

And you do have to calculate the time-slip first!

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate