Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

help with fusion 360

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
geoff adams01/11/2017 16:55:28
214 forum posts
207 photos

been doing battle with fusion 360 found some good tutorials went all through

them and produced the part, went on to draw my own part this where it all went wrong get so far ,don't no what to do

anyone in the Hampshire dorset area that could help me out on a one to one

or over the phone

thanks Geoff

Swarf Maker01/11/2017 22:26:31
132 forum posts
7 photos

I have sent you a personal message. Check your inbox (top row in the green banner) when convenient.

Dean da Silva16/12/2017 04:14:47
221 forum posts

Titans of CNC academy.
Wonderful website, has tons of stuff.

Bazyle16/12/2017 08:54:30
6956 forum posts
229 photos
Posted by Dean da Silva on 16/12/2017 04:14:47:

Titans of CNC academy.
Wonderful website, has tons of stuff.

Titans of CNC academy.

Thanks for that. another excuse not to go out in the cold for 8 minutes.

Emgee16/12/2017 12:08:17
2610 forum posts
312 photos

Dean and Bazyle

Thanks for the link info, really comprehensive how to with Fusion Tutorial, straight talking no nonsense Videos,

Emgee

Muzzer16/12/2017 13:17:25
2904 forum posts
448 photos

Also check out Lars Christensen who works for Autodesk. His Youtube vids are aimed at various levels of expertise including absolute beginners.

There is also a Fusion 360 (official) channel and of course John Saunders has an excellent range of video tutorials including those aimed at beginners.

I found some of Titan Gilroy's early semi-political rants a bit offputting ("the american worker has been SOLD OUT" etc) but now he has focussed on helping people to pick up Fusion, I've warmed to him a bit more. His heart is in the right place and when you look past his vast ego, there is a lot to be found.

Murray

Emgee16/12/2017 14:45:06
2610 forum posts
312 photos
Posted by Muzzer on 16/12/2017 13:17:25:

Also check out Lars Christensen who works for Autodesk. His Youtube vids are aimed at various levels of expertise including absolute beginners.

I found some of Titan Gilroy's early semi-political rants a bit offputting ("the american worker has been SOLD OUT" etc) but now he has focussed on helping people to pick up Fusion, I've warmed to him a bit more. His heart is in the right place and when you look past his vast ego, there is a lot to be found.

Murray

Agree your comments but have seen so far that Lars is showing the CAD correct method of use but Titan is demonstating his machining know how more than his CAD drawing ability.
This has to be expected considering their backgrounds, both very informative.

Emgee

Russell Eberhardt16/12/2017 15:25:38
2785 forum posts
87 photos

Personally I found this written guide easier to follow than the videos:

**LINK**

https://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/124/104279/1/Fusion360Manual2017.zip

Russell

thomas oliver 216/12/2017 16:09:46
110 forum posts

I have been following Lars on YouTube and he is OK, but his No1 beginners video was a bit hard to follow . He later apologised with another video for missing out vital commands, so make sure you watch that one if you are interested.

Emgee16/12/2017 16:22:48
2610 forum posts
312 photos
Posted by Russell Eberhardt on 16/12/2017 15:25:38:

Personally I found this written guide easier to follow than the videos:

**LINK**

Russell

Always good to have a manual, thanks for the link.

Emgee

Gary Wooding17/12/2017 09:52:06
1074 forum posts
290 photos

THIS YouTube channel is produced by AutoDesk.

Although primarily designed as a series of monthly challenges, the solutions are very well produced, with explicit instructions and objectives given for every step. There is no need to join or to submit your own solution - just watch the official solutions.

Each bite-sized challenge consists of modelling a simple 3D object, the creation of which often requires the use of a particular, non-obvious, F360 technique or command.

I've found it to be one of the very best F360 teaching aids I've found.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate