Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Is it just me?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Stevens22/01/2019 17:52:40
1779 forum posts
1 photos

I think that sometimes the firms do this so that you have no record of sending your message. I suggest that it is always better to send an e-mail in the ordinary way - you have a record for following up, and they don't get quite so many of your personal details.

PS thank goodness these Contact us pages are not (yet) infected with compulsory damn-fool smilies, like some others are.

Cheers, Tim

larry phelan 123/01/2019 12:09:46
1346 forum posts
15 photos

I often wonder if some of these companies really want your business,or are they just showing off.

As regards "Press 1 for this,2 for that 3 for something else" that just gives me a pain in my arse. plus the fact that you will be left hanging on-and-on-and on,listening to silly "music",fit for a two year old half-wit.

This must be one of the biggest clubs in the World,and it,s Free to join !!!

Howard Lewis23/01/2019 15:04:23
7227 forum posts
21 photos

Neil,

HMRC are not the only government,/ official sites with non navigible / useable "Contact Us" options.

Worst of all the E cops. When you attempt a reply, the address becomes "do not reply alerts" or something equally frustrating.

Oh, for the days of plain English!

Howard

DMB23/01/2019 15:51:13
1585 forum posts
1 photos

Not just "contact us" and similar rubbish but I have noticed, when phoning companys there seems to be a recent trend in a lot of additional waffle before you get anywhere with the call.

Currently, I'm having trouble with a well known bank, who I keep phoning to chase up action on a form which they had well before Xmas. Every time I call, the voice says it will be dealt with today and I need not worry about it any more I now believe they tell me any old b....x to get me off the line and get rid of me. Unfortunately it concerns a club account so I cannot just walk away and take business elsewhere.

John

Bodger Brian23/01/2019 16:16:25
187 forum posts
40 photos
Posted by Marcus Bowman on 21/01/2019 22:34:15:

I have found at least one major supplier, which I use quite often, and who is well known to us all, simply ignores any comments or reviews which have any negative comments.

In the interests of anyone who may be considering purchasing from this company, I think you should name names.

Brian

Samsaranda23/01/2019 16:33:23
1688 forum posts
16 photos

With “contact us” facilities embedded in the corporate website there is usually no other way to contact the company, they do not give the general public the facility of being able to Email straight in, you have to use the embedded contact us, which means that they are in control. Recently had cause to complain about breaches of environmental health in a large supermarkets in store cafe, only way to contact the corporate offices was via the embedded contact us, needless to say other than the automated receipt nothing from them in response and of course because of the method of contact no copy on your own computer to refer to.

Dave W

Neil Wyatt23/01/2019 16:39:10
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles
Posted by Samsaranda on 23/01/2019 16:33:23:

With “contact us” facilities embedded in the corporate website there is usually no other way to contact the company, they do not give the general public the facility of being able to Email straight in, you have to use the embedded contact us, which means that they are in control. Recently had cause to complain about breaches of environmental health in a large supermarkets in store cafe, only way to contact the corporate offices was via the embedded contact us, needless to say other than the automated receipt nothing from them in response and of course because of the method of contact no copy on your own computer to refer to.

Dave W

Google is Your Friend.

If that fails you can always go to companies house and get their registered office address and send a letter to the Chief Executive.

Neil

Samsaranda23/01/2019 16:48:42
1688 forum posts
16 photos

Neil, that’s certainly a way forward but nowadays we humans tend to be somewhat lazy and walking to the post box usually loses out to crashing a few keys on our computers. It’s just frustrating when companies deliberately withhold their email addresses.

Dave W

SillyOldDuffer23/01/2019 16:49:19
10668 forum posts
2415 photos

I'm irritated by websites that pull the opposite trick - providing no way of contacting them at all!

These tend to be ones who deal only with the trade and governments. It's frustrating to find a website full of glossy photographs proudly advertising what you want without revealing prices or who their retailers are. Probably lazy - a sales team only interested in big spenders with a DUNS Number and a Contracts Department...

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate