By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brian H

Here is a list of all the postings Brian H has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BAMFORD TULIP TOP ENGINE
23/09/2021 12:42:22

Hello Richard, shame that no one has responded as yet. I wonder if someone on the site below could help.

https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com

Brian

Thread: Hello all
23/09/2021 09:24:46

Hello and welcome Shamus. You have only to ask a question on here to receive lots of help.

Brian

Thread: Hello everyone
23/09/2021 09:23:00

Hello Peter and welcome.

Brian

Thread: Traction talk forum
21/09/2021 07:05:18

I tried it at 0700 on 21 Sep and still no response.

Brian

Thread: Hi from Aldridge
12/09/2021 22:20:49

Hello Jon and welcome. No problem with not being a model engineer, there are a lot of people on here who are not.

Brian

Thread: Finishing off my father's LBSC Black-Five DORIS
10/09/2021 08:48:38

Hello Roderick and welcome.

I'm afraid that I cannot help with Doris but I'm sure that there are many people on here who would be able to help.

It would be good to get it back together and working once again.

Perhaps a photo or two would help, 'though it's not the easiest thing to do on here.

Brian

Thread: Tom Senior
06/09/2021 08:51:05

I cannot help with where to get the bearings from but this site may help.

https://groups.io/g/tom-senior/topics

The section entitled "Files" on the left side may help.

Brian

Thread: Good morning all, new member here.
06/09/2021 08:47:36

Hello John and welcome. It looks as though you have plenty to keep you busy for a few weeks!

I have 2 VFDs and would be happy to give you details of them and the machinery that the drive, mind you, I'm no expert but, they work.

Brian

Thread: new member
04/09/2021 14:56:42

Hello Richard and welcome. You will find that there are quite a few motorcycle restorers on here, which won't help with the machine replacement but someone may have one for sale, have a look at classifieds.

Brian

Thread: New Member
03/09/2021 13:28:10

Hello Allan and welcome. What sort of projects interest you.

Brian (near Junction 28 on M1 Motorway)

Thread: Disposal of swarf
03/09/2021 13:25:31

My M.E. club collects all scrap and weights it in, making about £800 per year towards club funds.

Brian

Thread: Should silver solder be cleaned if it is ''tarnished'' ?
03/09/2021 08:54:01

Hello Brian (what a good name!), personally, I would clean off the tarnish before use but not with wire wool as it can leave particles of steel embedded in the silver solder.

I just use some fine emery paper or cloth and wrap it around the silver solder sticks and pull the stick through a couple of times.

Brian

Thread: Cladding material
02/09/2021 15:21:02

I have used steel, of a type known as zintec which is zinc plated on both sides. It is easy and cheap to obtain and is used for the casings in refridgerators and washing machines etc. and takes paint very well.

I cannot advise on longevity as I only kept the engine for 5 or 6 years.

Brian

Thread: Hello from the Netherlands
01/09/2021 16:52:11

Thank you for that Maarten. I often holiday in Schagen in the North and have passed through Utrecht but not stayed.

What sort of projects are you interested in?

Brian

01/09/2021 15:21:56

Hallo Maarten and welcome. Where abouts are you in the Netherlands?

Brian

Thread: Ok to grease Myford feedscrews?
28/08/2021 13:06:58

I get that the leadscreew is protected under the saddle but it isn't if you are turning a long shaft and swarf will stick to grease or dried oil.

I'd be inclined to use a dry-film lubricant or resign myself to constantly cleaning the leadscrew, easy enough with a piece of string and the leadscrew turning.

Brian

Thread: EN1A verses black mild steel.
27/08/2021 15:01:37

Sounds like an interesting project. Could you say where this project is taking shape?

Brian

26/08/2021 22:19:14

I assume that the bolts will be used for static display of a helicoptor and not a flying one!

Brian

Thread: Milling machine
15/08/2021 16:31:10

Hello Jonathon, this is my go- to site for old machines;

**LINK**

Al the best,

Brian

Thread: Making Tapered Castellations in Aluminium
11/08/2021 19:13:00

Could the mating parts be made from an epoxy putty, presssed into the existing parts after putting some grease on the original part?

Brian

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate