Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Drawings for Stuart No. 9 governor.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
The Merry Miller22/12/2012 14:48:56
484 forum posts
97 photos

Has anybody out there built the above governor?

I have aquired a set of castings from my club's end of year "bring and buy sale" At least I think it maybe a set but without the drawings I can't confirm this.

If a kind person who has built it can advise me on the correct number of castings I would appreciate it, better still if there is a set drawings available for sale or something.

I tried contacting Stuart Models but they are on a Christmas break now until the New Year and I would like to start preparing the ground for machining etc. before they return.

Len. P.

Colin Abrey22/12/2012 16:33:53
17 forum posts
2 photos

Len,

I have a copy of the drawings and will scan them for you. Send me an e-mail and I will send you the copies.

[email protected]

Regards

Colin

NJH22/12/2012 16:51:16
2314 forum posts
139 photos

Hi Len

i've sent you a pm.

Cheers

Norman

Edited By NJH on 22/12/2012 16:51:31

Ian S C23/12/2012 00:42:26
7468 forum posts
230 photos

Hi Len, the S9 that I rebuilt is in the stationary engines section, and my album. I had most of the bits, but had to make the balls and arms, and after a few runs the top of the governor shaft broke off just under the adjusting nut, so that's been replaced with a bit of the threaded end of a bike spoke(did'nt have a die to make the 7ba thread on the origional shaft. Had to make the linkage, and the butterfly for the governor.

If you get things adjusted just right, it works quite well. Ian S C

ps:  the newer ones don't seem to have the governor, which is a pity.

Edited By Ian S C on 23/12/2012 00:44:36

The Merry Miller23/12/2012 11:20:54
484 forum posts
97 photos

Colin and Norman,

Thanks for your collective inputs. Norman's Tubal Cain version is the one that uses most of the castings that I have aquired with the exception of the main top section that holds the weights, that's missing.I'll have to machine that from solid.

Colin's version appears to be the later one from Stuart Models that minimises the use of castings but like Ian's I will finish up with a hybrid of home made bits, It's going to be fitted to an S50 eventually.

Ian, I'll study your version in a bit more detail later but it looks good.

Thanks again lads and Seasons Greetings to you and to all my readers!!

P.S.

I've ordered the Tubal Cain book on building the Stuart No. 9 from Waterstones (on line) for £6.26 plus free delivery. Amazon had no stock..

I think I'll look at Waterstones again in the future, makes a change from Amazon.

Len. P.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate