9 photos

Hi All

is it possible to post photos using mobile phone

ive tried a few times,put them in folder but that’s as far as I can get

thanks Steve

Martin Connelly25/04/2023 10:40:53
2549 forum posts
235 photos

Click on the black camera icon in the reply window to insert a photo from an album.

Martin C

SillyOldDuffer25/04/2023 11:07:45
10668 forum posts
2415 photos

Hi Milly, welcome to the forum. Posting photos is a bit quirky, the process is described here.

Briefly, they're uploaded first into an Album, then called out into a post by clicking the black camera button on the post edit screen. Should work on any device; possibly the small screen on a phone has scrolled the button out of view?

Dave

Anthony Knights26/04/2023 09:59:46
681 forum posts
260 photos

Important to note that this site only accepts JPG format, so PNG et al don't work.

MadMike26/04/2023 11:19:46
265 forum posts
4 photos

Photo's? It's the 21st century and forums still cannot just be set up to post direct from the posters computer/camera files. Albums and their quirks in this instance and on some you have to use a third party hosting service, so 20th Century.

Dear old Facebook, which I also inhabit, allows you to post pictures instantly from your computer etc. You can even load a batch of photo's if they are arranged correctly in your files. even loading them one at a time it is possible to put them on line in a mere fraction of the time taken on these forums. I have never understood why forum creators/hosts have never got over this problem. Perhaps because they are not problem solving engineers. LOL.

JasonB26/04/2023 11:43:10
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

Image hosting and file size limits are often to do with the cost of running a site that is why you can't just load a batch of 10megapixel images on some, others like a well known mostly Loco orientated forum won't even allow you to upload any they all need to be externally hosted.

Though the album option here is quite useful, how many times do we see people posting "see the images in my album" rather than having to attach them all again each time they want to ref an image.

But change is on the way if you have been reading recent threads

petro1head08/06/2023 12:02:40
984 forum posts
207 photos
Posted by JasonB on 26/04/2023 11:43:10:

But change is on the way if you have been reading recent threads

Is there a link to this thread please

JasonB08/06/2023 12:09:21
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

here but going a bit slow

John Haine08/06/2023 12:29:39
5563 forum posts
322 photos

I have posted several photos direct from my phone by first uploading to one of my albums then following the usual procedure, so it does work.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate