Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Restore ones faith in large companies.

Many thanks to Belleville Springs of Redditch

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brian H07/06/2018 16:57:16
2312 forum posts
112 photos

I recently dismantled the spindle on my Alexander 3A Engraving & Diesinking machine to find someone had been there before me and lost one of the Bellville washers that provides preload to the ball bearings.

I couldn't mach the size of the remaining one to any given in various catalogues so I'phoned the company, more in desperation than hope.

The said it didn't exactly match a current production one but gave me a part number for one that was very close.

Two days later I received an envelope containing 2 of these Bellville washers free of charge.

I am totally thankful to them for this and they will definitely be the first port of call for any other spring related products.

Brian

Jon07/06/2018 19:23:56
1001 forum posts
49 photos

Times like this its great to hear of reputable companies going out their way and offering support at their cost.

Disc springs are hard to find and usually have to pay minimum order or a minimum line total about a tenner, must get some more from Brierley Hill.

Russell Eberhardt08/06/2018 11:21:23
2785 forum posts
87 photos

A short while ago the spring in the scissors on my old Victorinox swiss army knife (about thirty years old) broke. I emailed Victorinox in Switzerland asking if they could supply a replacement spring. They replied that I should send the knife back to them for free repair as they are guaranteed for life. I sent it off and received it back a few days later having had the scissors and one blade replaced and the other blade sharpened.

Another case of excellent service.

Russell

Maurice08/06/2018 14:17:34
469 forum posts
50 photos

I visited the High Wycombe branch of Axminster tools two days ago, with a query about "Osmo" wood finishes. (excellent product; no connection to me). A young lady there spent a considerable time trying various colours on pieces of wood to try to match what I wanted. She even called the Osmo agent about it, even though I only wanted a small quantity. Superb customer service. I have been in there a few times now, and always had very good attention. Well done Axminster!

Colin Heseltine08/06/2018 17:27:05
744 forum posts
375 photos

Russell,

Glad to see the guarantee for life is still working. Mine went back to them about 30 years ago for service (had it 44 years now). I think its due a service. Perhaps I'll give them a call.

Colin

Ron Laden08/06/2018 22:28:01
2320 forum posts
452 photos

Small companies also.

I bought my set of 5 inch wheels and axles from 17D which are very nicely machined, although at first I couldnt fathom the wheel to axle fit. The wheels are a sliding fit up to 3-4mm from the axle shoulder which then needs pressing home. The problem is, my wheels have this fit but with the wheel flange outside instead of inside as if they have been machined from the wrong side.

I phoned 17D and spoke to a nice guy who couldnt understand how that had come about but said they would check another set to make sure they are correct and send them out asap. He told me to keep the originals as with a bit of a mod they could be useful for the future.

I dont mind receiving faulty parts, yes its annoying but its life, it happens. Its when you phone the supplier and speak to pleasant helpful people that will send replacements immediately, then their customer support rating goes way up with me.

Edited By Ron Laden on 08/06/2018 22:30:14

Edited By Ron Laden on 08/06/2018 22:32:19

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate