Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Governer kits (for a PMR-7)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rooossone04/05/2023 17:20:30
95 forum posts
50 photos

Hi All,

I have a PMR-7 kit that I am about to start building. I managed to find a Gentleman's website that documents his build (very handy). On his site, he talks about building a governor from a kit from "The Steam Chest" supplied by "Eccletors Devices".

I REALLY want to build this governor on to my PMR-7 but have been unable to find any trace of the kit online or anything remotely similar.

Does anybody know of a comparable governor kit available to make?

if there are no kits, does anybody have any drawings they could share that would get me there?

Any help on this matter would be greatly received.

For reference, this is the website I saw it on.... **LINK**

JasonB04/05/2023 18:24:50
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

have you tried contacting Dean, his e-mail is on the home page. He also posts on one of the other ME forums but I need to check which one.

Does look a lot like the Stuart governor which could be adapted if you have no luck

Edit. He posts on MEM forum  as DeanW but has not been active since 2016

Edited By JasonB on 04/05/2023 18:34:05

duncan webster05/05/2023 00:11:25
5307 forum posts
83 photos

There was an extremely good series of articles back in the day by Tubal Cain (the English one) in ME. If you want a copy send me a Pm with your email.

Django05/05/2023 00:33:50
14 forum posts
19 photos

It looks to be a Watts type governor. I made a modified version of the Stuart governor. I could scan the drawing if you would like it. Mine is scaled down 20% and I replaced the spring with a weight. The Stuart is quite expensive and the balls are easy to get. Here is mine for reference.240d28e8-0e91-4ec7-a0de-55fe9f9285e8.jpeg

Rooossone05/05/2023 09:56:29
95 forum posts
50 photos

Hey all, I did get a kind response back from Dean last night. Unfortunately there will be no access to the drawings he used. He has suggested i contact PM Research directly and see what they suggest on the matter.

I will be taking you both up on your offers though Duncan & George! check your PMs!

Thank you both for reaching out.

vic francis12/06/2023 10:26:59
125 forum posts
21 photos

Hi Ross tubals series( governor) info emailed ,hope it helps vic

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate