Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Deckel FP1 Manuals

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Russell Shaw10/11/2022 09:53:38
3 forum posts

Morning folks

I finally managed to get my Deckel FP1 back home and into my garage last weekend. Its a MK2 4 lever machiine dated to 1955. Now at the moment I have quite a bit of work to do getting it re-commisioned, it's been sat idle for close on twenty years. The general mechanical side I am OK with but I a really need some help with the lubrication system

Does anyone have a copy of the manual in English that they would be willing to email / upload somewhere. I really don't want to be guessing and run the risk of causing some irrepairable damage.

Also, I posted some time ago about a table for this machine. As of yet I have not managed to locate one. I am considering adapting something else to fit as a stop gap unless someone has a genuine Deckel table just lying around......

Cheers in advance

Russ

Edited By Russell Shaw on 10/11/2022 09:53:56

Thor 🇳🇴10/11/2022 10:41:58
1766 forum posts
46 photos

Hi Russel,

I have a PDF version of an old manual, send me a PM with your e-mail.

Thor

DC31k10/11/2022 11:32:59
1186 forum posts
11 photos

https://passion-usinages.forumgratuit.org/t939-deckel-fp1

Phil P10/11/2022 13:28:36
851 forum posts
206 photos

I have a fixed type table going spare, it is not a genuine Deckel but could easily be adapted to fit.

I was going to fit it to my Alexander, but I have never had the time to do it.

Phil

John Hinkley10/11/2022 14:50:14
1545 forum posts
484 photos

Russell,

Stefan Gotteswinter recently posted a video on YouTube about his Deckel FP mill, in which he gave details of how he came about his, from a dealer who had a few of them. Maybe, just maybe, they would have a spare table lying around. They are in Germany (or perhaps it was Austria) so might not suit, depending what part of the globe you are on. The video is worth a watch anyway, if you have an hour or so to spare.

John

Jelly10/11/2022 15:19:58
474 forum posts
103 photos

To your point John, the FP1 and FP2 are extremely common in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and somewhat common in the Netherlands; looking on machineseeker and other international auction/listing sites shows that dealers in all of those countries list them with the kind of regularity that you see Elliot / Victoria / Adcock & Shipley machines here in the UK.

Given that I would think that if Russel is willing to import from the continent, at dealer prices, almost any Deckel accessory he wants could be sourced easily via a bit of research and some emails.

I would note Stefan seems to be buying machines on the basis of them being for his business (which might now be a primary income stream), so probably was able to justify the dealer premium as offsetting loss of revenue if the machine was a dud or in time taken to track down and DIY the purchase (as he has done in the past), which most hobbyists might find harder to do.

Russell Shaw10/11/2022 17:32:47
3 forum posts

Thanks for the information gents. I know some tables are available in mainland Europe but the customs issues + paying punitive VAT on a secondhand item really puts me off. Should have got on with it before the end of the transition period!!

@Phil - I have snet you a message about the table you hve. Have you recieved it?

@Thor - Same as Phil, I have sent you a message with my email address. Do you have it?

Thanks again.

Russ

Thor 🇳🇴10/11/2022 17:53:32
1766 forum posts
46 photos

Hi Russel,

E-mail sent to the address you PM'd me. Good luck with your Deckel.

Thor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate