Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Hello My Friends

Introduction

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jack Bodenmann17/10/2022 16:45:43
3 forum posts

Hello My Friends

I am the new guy here. I just found this site this morning and thought it would be fun to participate. I am located near Tehachapi California in the high mountain desert. 3/4" scale seems to be making a bit of a come back here and most of my model building friends build in 3/4". I have some 3/4" scale projects you might enjoy looking at and I will be posting progress. The current projects are a 3-1/2" and 4-3/4" gauge high line. There is only one other elevated track here in California and that is located at the Golden Gate Live steam track in Northern California. My other project is a 3/4" scale New York Central Hudson. I think I may be in need of some guidance where to post these projects.

Have A Great Day

Jack

Brian Wood18/10/2022 09:06:49
2742 forum posts
39 photos

Hello Jack,

Nice to hear from you and from so far away.

There will be many here who share your interests and will willingly answer your questions, I'm not into modelling but have an interest in machine tools and their uses, restoration and problem solving.

Have a nice day

Brian.

noel shelley18/10/2022 09:20:24
2308 forum posts
33 photos

Welcome Jack,you will find a vast font of knowledge here that may be able to answer any questions you have. Best Wishes, Noel.

Michael Gilligan18/10/2022 09:30:17
23121 forum posts
1360 photos

Welcome aboard, Jack

Here’s the list of available topics for you to choose from: **LINK**

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/

… ‘though you might notice that we are not very well disciplined in their use !!

MichaelG.

Howard Lewis18/10/2022 13:05:42
7227 forum posts
21 photos

Welcome!

You may well find that UK and USA are indeed two notions divided by a common language, and that one or the other cannot spell properly!

But don't be discouraged, we all have the same interests at heart, and try to help each other.

Howard.

PatJ18/10/2022 14:49:48
613 forum posts
817 photos

Welcome Jack-

The joke is we are separated by a small lake (in our case a continent), but whichever side of the lake we are on, we still have a passion for small engines.

Its a small world after all.

Pat J

Edited By PatJ on 18/10/2022 14:50:44

Harry Wilkes18/10/2022 18:41:14
1613 forum posts
72 photos

Welcome to the forum

H

Jon Lawes18/10/2022 19:16:37
1078 forum posts

Welcome Jack. Always glad to hear from another enthusiast.

Oldiron18/10/2022 21:34:47
1193 forum posts
59 photos

Hi Jack welcome to the forum. I am an avid fan of the Tehachapi railcam. Some very impressive trains haul them selves up and down that track.

regards

stephen goodbody19/10/2022 00:52:02
74 forum posts
43 photos

Welcome aboard, Jack

For those unaware, Mr. Bodenmann is, without doubt, the premier model engineer in the USA. His models are, frankly, jaw-dropping in their quality and detail, and we are all in awe of his skills and grateful for his willingness to record and share his methods with us mere mortals over the web.

Be prepared to be impressed!

Jack Bodenmann20/10/2022 15:57:47
3 forum posts

Hello My Friends

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I'll be posting progress on the 3-1/2" gauge New York Central J1e Hudson and my elevated line which is named the Alcalde And Coalfield. Alcalde is pronounced "all call' day". This is just a short high line seven hundred feet in length. It was started twelve years ago and is nearly complete, finally! I like both British and US steam. My two favorite English engines being the 9F and the Metropolitan Tank. Have A Great Day

Jack

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate