By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Chris Deith

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Meridienne Exhibitions23/05/2022 09:24:19
36 forum posts

It is with deep sadness that we announce that Chris Deith passed away suddenly on 12th May at the age of 76 whilst enjoying a holiday in Italy with his wife Bridget.

Chris will be remembered by many in the model engineering and hobby world as the mastermind and entrepreneur who created TEE Publishing, Engineering In Miniature, Meridienne Exhibitions and the Warwickshire Event Centre.

Chris is survived by his wife Bridget, daughter Avril, daughter in law Heather and three grandchildren. Sadly, his son Adrian who many will also have known passed away in December 2021.

Chris achieved so many things during his lifetime and his daughter Avril, who has worked alongside him for many years will now continue his legacy in his honour with the support of family and the team.

Jon Lawes23/05/2022 09:40:10
1078 forum posts

Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes.

Oldiron23/05/2022 10:26:55
1193 forum posts
59 photos

Sad news. Condolences to his family.

regards

Neil Wyatt24/05/2022 11:20:29
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

I would like to share the condolences of everyone at MEW and ME.

Chris's ventures made a major contribution to supporting the model and hobby engineering hobby.

Neil

Howard Lewis24/05/2022 13:28:31
7227 forum posts
21 photos

Without Chris, E I M would not have been born, and without his mother activities, the hobby would have the poorer.

Howard

Hopper25/05/2022 08:41:55
7881 forum posts
397 photos

Sorry to hear of this. Condolences from Down Under. I have enjoyed many books published by Tee over the years, not least of which includes the G.H. Thomas "bibles", and all of which have  brought me great pleasure in the reading.

Edited By Hopper on 25/05/2022 08:49:53

Marcus Bowman25/05/2022 09:19:34
196 forum posts
2 photos

I'm sorry to hear this news. I did not know Chris personally, but I do clearly recall attending an exhibition in Leicester (at the Granby Halls?) around 1977 or '78 where he had a stall and fliers announcing the forthcoming EIM. We chatted for a little while, and I signed up for a subscription, half expecting the venture might not come to fruition. But sure enough, the first issue appeared in April 1979. I have been a subscriber ever since.

I had several articles published in EIM in the 1980s, and always felt Chris and his team made a good job of presenting the content of the magazine.

I enjoyed attending several of the early EIM exhibitions, as they were more accessible to me than the London exhibition, at that time.

It's a pity Chris was not able to enjoy more time in retirement. He made an important contribution to the development of model engineering in the UK.

Marcus

Graham Meek25/05/2022 16:39:45
714 forum posts
414 photos

I am deeply saddened to hear about the loss of such a kind and helpful man. He was instrumental in getting me to put pen to paper and bring to the Hobby my designs. He also took me by surprise when he said he wanted to put my articles into a book, but he obviously knew his business.

I shall miss being able to catch up with him at the exhibitions.

Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

Jean & Gray,

Neil Wyatt26/05/2022 15:01:00
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

PM sent.

Neil

Nigel Graham 227/05/2022 22:58:26
3293 forum posts
112 photos

Sad news, and our thoughts are with his family.

Bob Unitt 131/05/2022 10:12:40
323 forum posts
35 photos

I'm very sorry to hear that. He was a nice man, always helpful at his brilliant exhibitions. He will be much missed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate