Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

new member hertford

learning new skills

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Taylor 1603/05/2020 09:41:40
13 forum posts

Hi thanks for letting me join I'm interested in IC power boats but looking to learn on how to use a lathe so looking forward to the wealth of knowledge from this forum

Neil Wyatt03/05/2020 17:30:06
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

Hello Richard,

Well the obvious challenge for you is to build your own IC engines!

That said steam engines are more forgiving of minor errors and might be a good place to develop your skills and tackle a more demanding IC engine as a second or third project.

Neil

henryb03/05/2020 17:44:18
51 forum posts
3 photos

I used to live in Hoddesdon but moved to Thurrock Essex about 10 years ago. I still come back to have a walk around Hertford And hartham common, Very beautiful place. They do courses in turnford college for model engineering. And you have got glr kennions supplies in roydon.

Richard Taylor 1603/05/2020 18:56:40
13 forum posts
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 03/05/2020 17:30:06:

Hello Richard,

Well the obvious challenge for you is to build your own IC engines!

That said steam engines are more forgiving of minor errors and might be a good place to develop your skills and tackle a more demanding IC engine as a second or third project.

Neil

I think I'm along way off from building engines need to learn how to use a lathe and milling 1st but never say never and maybe one in the future

Richard Taylor 1603/05/2020 18:58:45
13 forum posts
Posted by henryb on 03/05/2020 17:44:18:

I used to live in Hoddesdon but moved to Thurrock Essex about 10 years ago. I still come back to have a walk around Hertford And hartham common, Very beautiful place. They do courses in turnford college for model engineering. And you have got glr kennions supplies in roydon.

turnford college is a good idea and I will give glr kennions a look up as it's not that far from hoddesdon thanks

henryb03/05/2020 20:34:18
51 forum posts
3 photos
Posted by Richard Taylor 16 on 03/05/2020 18:58:45:
Posted by henryb on 03/05/2020 17:44:18:

turnford college is a good idea and I will give glr kennions a look up as it's not that far from hoddesdon thanks

I did a couple of terms in turnford and it is well worth doing if you want to learn lathe and milling.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate