Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

LBSC

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eric Cox10/10/2018 10:56:37
557 forum posts
38 photos

Many moons ago ME reprinted LBSC's article on building Ayesha. As Curly designed many loco's how about another reprint of his articles .

David Taylor11/10/2018 11:43:59
144 forum posts
39 photos

The reason I stopped my subscription to ME some years ago was it seemed to be filled with 'out and about' type articles and reprints of some LBSC loco series.

I think it would be better to have those that ME has the copyright for reprinted in a book so those that want them can buy the book. I might even do so in that case.

But I was put off by them in the magazine for some reason.

RevStew11/10/2018 15:35:07
87 forum posts

Too picture heavy, and text light for me, and the text that is there is often a bit boffin technical. More Model Engineering, and not just Engineering...

Off the topic a bit, how did a niche magazine writer with a dirt poor background who by his own admission didn't get out much, get a house in Purley Oaks?!!

Bodger Brian11/10/2018 18:45:48
187 forum posts
40 photos
Posted by RevStew on 11/10/2018 15:35:07:

Too picture heavy, and text light for me, and the text that is there is often a bit boffin technical. More Model Engineering, and not just Engineering

Are you referring to the LBSC articles or ME in general?

Brian

JasonB11/10/2018 18:49:32
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles
Posted by RevStew on 11/10/2018 15:35:07:

..........................................Purley Oaks?!!

It's not the most desirable part of Purley and definately the opposite side to the Webb Estate, Though handy for the local council tipwink

Edited By JasonB on 11/10/2018 18:52:11

Edited By JasonB on 11/10/2018 18:52:39

David Standing 112/10/2018 10:41:48
1297 forum posts
50 photos
Posted by JasonB on 11/10/2018 18:49:32:

It's not the most desirable part of Purley and definately the opposite side to the Webb Estate, Though handy for the local council tipwink

I wonder if that is where many of the originals of the works Dean da Silva is attempting to recreate are buried laugh

RevStew12/10/2018 12:01:58
87 forum posts

Was referring to today's ME content. LBSC's articles are great! I do wonder where all his locos went to though, and lathes and so on. Somebody must have them? Enigmatic sort of chap wasn't he.

Bazyle12/10/2018 13:35:10
6956 forum posts
229 photos

Don't know about his lathes but many of his locos are in the hands of members of the North London MES. I think some are owned by members of the 2 1/2 gauge association who have I think updated the design of Ayesha. I was expecting John B to mention that so I may be wrong or he may not have been online for a few days.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate