Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Help with dewhurst wiring

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alan Waddington 204/08/2018 17:22:08
537 forum posts
88 photos

ok, ive got the basic diagram, but no amount of web trawling brings up a diagram showing a start capacitor and centrifugal switch. Can anyone do me a diagram showing how to connect these into the circuit.

Have had it running both forward and reverse, but running for a minute or so in reverse blew the start cap, so i’m guessing how i had it wired wasn’t dropping the capacitor out when reversed.

This is the basic schematic im using.

TIA.......been at it a couple of hours now with no joy, and ive gone wire blind now

995f1170-8a42-43c6-b57a-5df8973d4994.jpeg

NJH04/08/2018 17:34:34
2314 forum posts
139 photos

Hi Alan

Have a look in my photos for one called “Myford Reversing” - all should then be clear

Norman

Edited By NJH on 04/08/2018 17:35:21

Les Jones 104/08/2018 17:51:19
2292 forum posts
159 photos

The main winding is connected to terminals 5 and 7 on the Duhurst switch.. The start winding with the centrifugal switch and capacitor in series with it connect to terminals 2 and 6 on the Dewhurst switch. You may need to post pictures of the connection box on your motor if the above information is not clear.

Les.

Alan Waddington 204/08/2018 17:53:46
537 forum posts
88 photos
Posted by NJH on 04/08/2018 17:34:34:

Hi Alan

Have a look in my photos for one called “Myford Reversing” - all should then be clear

Norman

Edited By NJH on 04/08/2018 17:35:21

Cheers Norman, but im still not getting it sad ......could be time for a beer

Alan Waddington 204/08/2018 18:00:35
537 forum posts
88 photos
Posted by Les Jones 1 on 04/08/2018 17:51:19:

The main winding is connected to terminals 5 and 7 on the Duhurst switch.. The start winding with the centrifugal switch and capacitor in series with it connect to terminals 2 and 6 on the Dewhurst switch. You may need to post pictures of the connection box on your motor if the above information is not clear.

Les.

Mmhh, that’s how i thought i had done it.......will have to order a new capacitor and try again. Thanks for the help chaps, will report back in due course.

JohnF04/08/2018 19:06:20
1243 forum posts
202 photos

Alan W please PM me with your email and I'll send you the original info on PDF files -- would put it on here but cannot up load PDF's plus maybe infringe copyright ?

John

Alan Waddington 211/08/2018 17:34:32
537 forum posts
88 photos

Just an update, to thank everyone for their help. Turns out i had wired it correctly, must have just been bad luck that the capacitor decided to self destruct. Fitted a new one this morning, and checked with meter that it was dropping out in both forward and reverse directions.......All good, and no smoke escaping. cheeky

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate