Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Warning buyer beware

Mizoguchi boring head

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Rand04/06/2022 18:52:09
1505 forum posts
56 photos

Description and photographs in the relisted item seem reasonable.

Chris Mate05/06/2022 23:34:05
325 forum posts
52 photos

Well, according to the description in my books this is just fraud, and I will treat it as tha, even 2nd hand because of the description.

I once ordered a multifix toolpost from a company with a beautifull website. The communication was fast. I paid in full. I kept all correspondence and screenprints of messages. Long story short, after 6 months I received nothing and CEO of company became evasive. I then sample all the evidence collected which included promices of early deliveries. I was about to write off the money, but then received it back in full after another two months. So the whole ordeal took 8 months. I aquired at the town the physical company was listed and his office at a mall, after which the mall owner indicated he does not know such a person, that was the 6 Months into it. This was before the pandemic, and the company closed soon afterwards.
A dead givaway is if communication becomes sluggish after payment.

So from that I decided no internet buy unless I can visit the company in the same province I live, and I never had a problem doing it that way so far.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate