By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for JACK SIDEBOTHAM

Here is a list of all the postings JACK SIDEBOTHAM has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: channel section
05/08/2023 12:39:41

does anyone know where l can buy channel iron in small section i.e 30mmx15mm ??,i need some for an up coming project (brakevan sole bars),but l cannot seem to find a supplier, thanks,jack.

Thread: back issues
28/11/2022 22:35:55

Hi all,does anyone have copies of the relevant mags with the build article of the GWR 1400 CLASS gauge 1 loco???,it started in 2005 with issue 4256 vol 195 and ran to 2006 issue 4276 vol 196,willing to buy complete mags,or copies of articles,many thanks,jack.

Thread: sievert gas torch
07/10/2022 10:14:10

my nozzle is a 3940 and does not have a filter,just a a central gas jet and a ring of air jets around the central gas jet at the outer end of the nozzle,4 air inlet holes in the main body just in front of the "nut" section and a further 6 holes just behind the very outer end of the nozzle,all of these are clear,in fact,after cleaning the nozzle looks good as new,so l am of to try it again now....jack.

06/10/2022 20:19:51

hi,the nozzle is a type 3940 on a sievert pro 86 torch body,running on propane from a 13kg bottle through an adjustable propane regulator, 0-4bar, l have the reg set to about the mid point which should be around 2 bar,l found a torch flame pattern video on you tube which shows a similar nozzle/torch combo producing a nice flame pattern that is predominately blue in colour......l have now thoroughly cleaned the nozzle and checked all the jets are clear,l will be trying it again tomorrow,but l cannot come up with an answer if it still does not work...jack.

06/10/2022 14:37:27

can anyone help with my gas torch problem?,the flame is 50/50 yellow/blue,it should be steady and all blue l believe,l set the regulator to about half open and use the knob on the torch to adjust the flame without much success,increasing the reg pressure results in the flame blowing out...starting to think there is something adrift with the burner,is there a servicing agent for sievert???,thanks all,jack.

Thread: doug hewson "pansy"
15/05/2022 17:16:30

Hi all,l am having a problem with the drag box on doug hewsons PANSY,the drawings only show one side section view,with no reference to drag hook mounting,or whether it has a top and bottom plate,l am guessing that it does,but if anyone knows for sure it would be much appreciated,thanks,jack.

Thread: lead screw
13/05/2022 17:50:47

can anyone tell me what thread is used on myford lead screws to attach the operating handle???,many thanks,jack.

Thread: rivet snaps
10/04/2022 20:29:22

I need to set a number of rivets in some 1/4x1/4 angle but my snaps are to bulky,is there a source of "skinny" rivet snaps or do l need to modify the ones l have??,sorry for the daft question!!!blush

Thread: doug hewson "pansy"
08/04/2022 09:26:28

Hello all,l am working on the lbsc pansy as redesigned by doug hewson,can anyone confirm the hole sizes in the frames??,as far as l can see only a few holes are actually given a size on the drawings,l am guessing at No43/8ba for the stretchers but if anyone has or is building this engine and can offer guidance l would be very grateful

Thread: pansy 060
24/12/2021 19:08:55

Okay,thanks for the replies,cast iron cylinder block it is!!

20/12/2021 19:40:23

Hi all,l am building an 0-6-0 pansy,can anyone tell me if its okay to fit a gunmetal steam chest to a cast iron cylinder block or would l have a problem with different expansion rates??....l already have a g/m steam chest and the cast iron cylinder blocks are a good bit cheaper than g/m ones,l could go all c/i but would then be left with a g/m steamchest,thanks,jack.

Thread: 6 wheel brake van
29/11/2021 15:39:57

Thanks peter,l seem to have made a mistake in my post,the weight should be "24 tons",not 26,.....yes you are correct,there are a fair few pictures online,but l am after a really good 3 view drawing.....l am sure the info exists,the model kit people had to get their details from somewhere,the 3 view you found is of a 4 wheel vehicle,but that is the sort of thing l am after.......l intend to produce a 5"gauge model for use as a driving truck,the extra wheels will spread the load better,cheers,jack.

28/11/2021 15:23:32

Hi all,l am looking for a set of drawings for a 6 wheel toad 26ton brake van....if l can get hold of a set of good 3 views l am happy to produce the working drawings l need from them,,,,,l can scale up from a plastic kit,but prefer to work from a good three view,been looking in the usual places but not having much luck!!!.

Thread: LOCO ID
04/11/2021 15:28:38

hi nigel,someone on ebay is selling some castings for a "d 60",looks like its a steam loco though,still,its at £16 just now,might be worth a punt!!

04/11/2021 13:56:56

does anyone know what a "D 60 0-6-0" might be????frown

Thread: doug hewson 060 pannier tank castings
26/10/2021 15:35:08

Hi all,l am about to start the build of LBSC pansy 0-6-0 and l plan on using Doug Hewsons redesign parts.....however l seem to be having trouble locating the frame stretchers,the motion plate in particular,as re designed by doug hewson,it could be that these castings are no longer to be had,STEAMWORKSHOP dont appear to have any of these castings,so l am wondering if anyone might have a set of the doug hewson design stretchers they would be willing to part with???,many thanks,Jack.

Thread: 0-6-0 pansy
17/10/2021 13:38:19

thanks baz and neil,do you know if copies of mag articles can be obtained or do l need to buy whole back issues???,many thanks gentlemen,l appreciate the help!!.

15/10/2021 19:21:57

can anyone point me in the right direrction??,l am starting a build of LBSC "pansy 0-6-0" and l believe that doug hewson has upgraded the original drawings via articles in M.E,.....trouble is ,l cant seem to find said articles,so if anyone can help it will be very much appreciated...jack.

Thread: Drummond Lathes
19/10/2013 13:30:21

Hello all,l am a newcomer to this site though have been a modeller for many years,l have just taken possesion of my very first lathe!!!,such excitement !,as far as l can find out,it seems to be a "DRUMMOND PRE-B TYPE 3.5 FLAT BED" it does not have a compound saddle/cross slide,simply a traversing tool post,l would like a compound slide if anyone has one for sale,the tailstock clamp is by way of a rod some 8" long with a fixed hand wheel on top,l cannot find any referrence to this method anywhere so must assume it is non original,the tail stock is also fitted with jacobs chuck on a screw thread,how does one fit a live or dead centre??,clean up is under way (it is a sort of "barn find)any help/advice will be most welcome,l will post some pics when l get a chance...Jack

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate