By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for J Hancock

Here is a list of all the postings J Hancock has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hermes in action - Lost parcel ?
04/09/2021 10:02:56

Yes, I think they have 'a problem' with the folks in the distribution centres.

It is getting like 'the docks' , pre-container era , there was always an 'ullage' allowance for stuff that would never arrive !

03/09/2021 08:57:14

Why is it always me ?

Broke the spade four days ago, no problem , new one ordered from Doncaster , just down the road.

Yesterday, door bell rings while I am lathered in shampoo, no problem ,open door ,can't see but local HERMES lady drops small package inside the hall and drives off.

Half-hour later , pick up package , one end is already open .

Very obviously where the spade handle, complete with spade attached , had been !

Another HERMES unsuccessful delivery .

Thread: What are the potential hazards of using E10 fuel on classic car seals
02/09/2021 15:44:27

Bizarre isn't it , we have to buy nearly 14% of our electrical energy from France/Holland/Norway and yet for the puny difference that E5/1O ethanol difference makes , we can go to all the trouble to harrow/plough/seed/harvest an edible crop, render it suitable to distil and then distribute/add to spoil perfectly good petrol.

Using more 'fossil fuel' to manufacture it than energy released in the finished product.

Thread: Is the EV industry in too much of a hurry ?
01/09/2021 09:44:15

It will certainly be 'interesting ' as this EV story develops. People, in general , do not realise each one of those batteries is like a small thermite grenade .

Thread: Coolant pump - how to slow flow rate?
29/08/2021 08:51:50

A simple car windsceen washer set-up would probably be sufficient for your requirement ?

Thread: A SIMPLE POINT !
28/08/2021 08:28:56

Yes , happy memories , I was taught that screws were for hammering in ( The Birmingham Screwdriver ) and screwing out.

Thread: Is your name on a knife [Database]
25/08/2021 09:04:21

That was a Blackadder joke , Jorick carved his on a bullet.

Thread: The "Lost art of hardening copper"
20/08/2021 16:10:56

Not to forget copper oxide was an early use of a semi-conductor .

Thread: What features do you like to see in Youtube videos.
18/08/2021 08:28:05

David Jupp , if you had a relative who flew with 49Sqd in 1943 , please leave me a contact in my private message board of this forum.

Thread: Hoover AC Motor and Dewhurst forward/reverse switch wiring
13/08/2021 08:32:21

If you type Dewhurst into the keyword box , then 'go' , you will see all you need in those posts.

Thread: GigaFactory
09/08/2021 16:29:02

Strange that buying cheapest is so discriminatory , ie sugar is much cheaper to buy 'abroad ' but 'tariffs'

prevent us from buying it that way.

.I wonder why that is ?

09/08/2021 14:29:54

All achieved by closing our manufacturing industries and buying from China/Asia.

Close more and buy everything , 100% target reached.

Job done.

Now we don't need to do anything anymore.

Are they stupid, or am I ?

09/08/2021 12:52:49

On the last point , I think you will find all the big power stations in the UK sat on top of the coal-mine.

Killing the mines , killed the stations as well.

Crazy policies , as usual.

Nukes + coal for electricity. 1000 years

NS Gas for domestic heating+ some industrial uses 1000years

Too late , we've sold it all.

09/08/2021 09:19:39

How did we manage international trade pre-1900.

Oh,, yes , sailing ships.,horses.

The difference ?

That which can never be mentioned , population , greed..

08/08/2021 13:08:11

There was , but as usual , poor management in the later years destroyed the idea.

Bought by our 'parents' , British Steel, Rail. Transport, Gas, Sugar , Motor Corp, CEGB ,Aerospace, all sold for a pittance.,instead of sacking the management.

Thread: Recommended lathe outside protection?
08/08/2021 07:19:27

As a 'spray-on ', Dinitrol 77B , will be there long after the Waxoil has gone.

Thread: pH electrodes [advice requested]
06/08/2021 20:38:08

If I remember well , the ph sensor must be kept immersed in distilled water when not in use ?

Thread: EV Charging Hacks …
03/08/2021 09:45:24

Like it or not (Not) , electricity is going to be forced upon us as the only 'energy' source to use.

How it will be produced , is completely beyond the comprehension of those making the decisions.

The future will be 'interesting' , to say the least.

Thread: Aircraft General Discussion
30/07/2021 16:54:05

PBS America , last night , Electric aircraft ,present progress.

Distinctly underwhelmed by what has been achieved and massive over-hype on what can be achieved.

Little more than what serious RCME types know already.

Thread: Stainless Watch case
28/07/2021 22:14:29

Makes you realise what a bargain you are getting for a few Baht in the MK Centre in Bangkok , complete with strap and battery and keep perfect time .

How can they sell for that price and make a profit ?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate