By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for peter ravenscroft

Here is a list of all the postings peter ravenscroft has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: vat on parcels
14/12/2022 11:39:01

my daughter has been in Canada for 30 years and we have never had to pay before that is why I brought it up I got a card through the post telling to pay I went to my local parcel office and paid there

regards

peter

13/12/2022 18:24:51

hi just a bit of information regarding vat on parcels

i recently received parcels from my daughter in canada for christmas

only to find that i had to pay vat on them as the value was over £39 so £35 later i got the parcel £16 of witch went to the royal mail (£8 per transaction)

so be warned if you order anything from abroad you may also have to pay vat on it

i belive this came into force on the1st of august this year

regards

peter

Thread: Morton's super service
31/07/2022 10:52:19

hi thought i would let everybody know about a magazine replacement

i never received my copy of issue no 4695 so i e-mailed mortons on Wednesday and got a reply on thursday and the replacement magazine arrived on friday

that's what i call good service

regards

peter

Thread: Tailstock DRO
19/08/2021 18:23:14

hi duncan

i built mine as described and it works very well don't know how i managed before

regards

peter

Thread: turbo-generator articles
13/06/2021 11:07:11

hi michael

have a look at the dardjeeling build there is a turbo generator in there it was also an article before he published the dardjeeling articles 2010? ish

it uses a wind up tourch

regards

peter

Thread: rivet embossing tool
01/04/2021 13:26:11

hello everyone

sorry for the delay in answering your posts the drawings are in Decembers 2013 issue of engineering in minature i found it by rooting through the available copies on line

i now have a copy so thanks to everyone who tried to help

regards

peter

25/03/2021 18:19:35

hi jason

the tool is sold as kit by model engineers laser but i need the drawings to make it

the reason i want one is i don't fancy drilling 500+ 1/32 holes and fitting the rivets

regards

peter

25/03/2021 13:43:53

hi

can anyone help me i am after the article on making a rivet embossing tool i have checked the data bases and can not find it i have a feeling it might have been in enginering in miature

regards

peter

Thread: rotary encoder dro
20/03/2021 14:04:40

hi duncan

many thanks for the files i have built one and it works a treat clever programing

regards

peter

11/02/2021 18:14:33

hi duncan

many thanks for taking the time and the trouble to send me the filesregards

peter

Thread: MEW issue 301
10/02/2021 12:09:01

mine arrived yesterday

regards

peter

Thread: rotary encoder dro
09/02/2021 18:30:29

hello

is it posible to have a copy of the drawings and the code for the tailstock dro in issue 301

regards

peter

Thread: Mystery boiler
12/06/2020 18:10:52

hi alexander

that is a caribou/buffalo boil i have the construction book

regards

peter

Thread: missing magazine?
29/05/2020 17:58:53

mine arrived yesterday

but still unable to contact anyone about the missing me 4638 when i ring all i get is the disconect tone

and still no answer to my e-mail

regards

peter

Thread: non delivery of magazine
22/05/2020 18:34:42

hi can anyone help me

as of yet i still have not got my copy of me no 4638

i have rung the help line and when i press 2 it disconects so i am unable to talk to anyone i have rung at 3 pm

i have also sent an e-mail

regards

peter

Thread: 3.5" Darjeeling Boiler
28/05/2019 15:02:06

hi

just a note to warn any would be builders of the published boiler design in issue 4399 page 312 it shows the back head drawing

it shows a radius of 2 1/4 inches from the centre to the out side it should be to the inside of the flange

otherwise it will be 1/4 of an inch to small don't ask me how i know

regards

peter

Thread: suffolk dredging tractor
26/05/2019 13:47:55

hi

just had a troll on the net an found that western boilers list a Suffolk boiler in there traction engine boiler section

do not know of the cost or delivery

regards

peter

24/05/2019 18:10:00

would love know the outcome of your research into copper versus steel as i have always liked the Suffolk tractor and havee

thought of building on many times i must of missed the copper boiler issue looks as if i'm going to have to delve into my collection

regards

peter

Thread: 45mm Narrow gauge locomotive drawings
21/03/2019 18:09:48

hi mike

get hold of a copy of steam trains in your garden available from camden books not cheap but the best book on building 16mm engines

laser cuts are available from model engineers laser

peter

Thread: z axis arduino
02/12/2018 16:14:59

thanks to all who replied

the reason it would not load was the timerone was not installed i have installed it and loaded it ok

thanks again Dave for comming to my rescue

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate