By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Circlip

Here is a list of all the postings Circlip has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: can any one help me identify this model
17/05/2023 11:10:57

CYLINDER base Jason?

Regards Ian.

Thread: Oh dear - not quite right - again!
17/05/2023 11:08:33

'Why do most people spell their as there on their postings?'

Cos so many were away they did spulling in skool.

"There is there are there was there are - THERE"

Regrinds Ion.

Edited By Circlip on 17/05/2023 11:09:00

Thread: can any one help me identify this model
17/05/2023 09:48:21

Have a look at old 'Reeves' designs, Cylinder base castings look a bit like 'Warrior'

Regards Ian.

Thread: Oh dear - not quite right - again!
17/05/2023 09:42:27

'Tim seems to have an endless supply of commas.'

Maybee but at least he understands Paragraphs.

Regards Ian.

Edited By Circlip on 17/05/2023 09:43:31

Edited By Circlip on 17/05/2023 09:44:50

Thread: Free Scanner
17/05/2023 09:34:52

C'mon guys, your not playing the great computer rip off game properly. When 'Sloth change their O/S, all the software and hardware suppliers have free range to redundify the bits your cash has gone into. Users may complain but eventually capitulate and fall into line. My own U-max scanner was relegated to collect dust when I was dragged kicking and screaming from XP to Doze 7, can't see 11 on the horizon any time soon, that would mean a new Lappy, Cartridge ink scam? converted to CISS long ago.

Industry drives the change for bigger and better, Joe public is just a VERY lucrative spin off.

Regards Ian.

PS. E5 and E10 rot yer rubbers.

Edited By Circlip on 17/05/2023 09:37:32

Thread: Learning to use a Bridgeport mill
14/05/2023 13:15:59

The late Sir John wold have been wearing a black armband for your purchase as opposed to buying a 'Beaver', BUT, having being brought up on a Bridgy, only comment I can give is it's a milling machine, NOT a cleaver. Same comments are forgotten of Lathes.

Regards Ian.

Thread: Back plate dimensions and tolerance
06/05/2023 10:36:24

i find it extremely funny trying to machine some thing to the 'Perfect' state when once the machine has been 'In use', limits and fits and tolerance goes out the window and wear takes over. Careful measurement of the spindle nose gives exact diameter and clamping screw pitch/diameters are sloppy anyway.

Regards Ian.

PS. Don't forget to allow for temperature compensation.

Thread: Diesel heater recalls
04/05/2023 10:48:31

And don't forget the power of the pocket. Often, Joe Public wants maximum perceived value for minimum outlay.

Regards Ian.

Edited By Circlip on 04/05/2023 10:54:49

Thread: Myford Lathes
01/05/2023 09:21:57

Basic mechanics, collets only truly grip the diameter specified UNLESS the 'rubberflex' type. If the bar is bigger in Dia. than the specified bore, if a three split design, you have point of grip in six places - corners of splits. Conversely if the bar is smaller, three flats.

Regards Ian.

Thread: Yet another scam
01/05/2023 09:08:16

I often wonder if the 'Report Phishing' system does? Or just another heading on the task bar. The 'Block' facility ( dots) is totally ineffective as the same olds regularly re-appear.

Regards Ian.

Thread: Worth it?
28/04/2023 10:24:08

Can't be a proppa muddle injineer if you don't own a miffod.

Regards Ian.

Thread: Blued pivot steel guages ?
27/04/2023 10:28:34

Which parts use the CZ 120 that is expensive? Frame plates can be a different material with brass bushes. I have an original Cuckoo clock with the frames from wood and brass bushes.

Regards Ian.

Thread: Myford 254 anti vibration feet
27/04/2023 10:23:04

Anti Vibs are a necessity for mounting equipment in Submarines (Stealthy noise killers) but my workshop doesn't float so I don't need to Rock and Roll or Twist.

Regards Ian.

Thread: meths feed tube?
24/04/2023 10:38:58

Mamod 'Snuff tin' tanks had a fine hole in the brass filler cap. ever had a problem with Meths in those

Regards Ian.

Thread: Alibre - A First Attempt
24/04/2023 10:33:48

after using the 'Logitech' M570 trackerball for years, I would find having to chase a mouse around the desk a pain. Have had to change the micro switches once but apart from that, it's been in constant use with a combination of Photoshop for clean up and mods to more than 6000 plans and general use.

Regards Ian.

Thread: Linen drafting film
21/04/2023 10:30:10

'Can someone please explain to me why photography is a a diy solution? I used a full frame dslr with prime and TS lenses and I personally think they are very good'

With many 'Photos' of plans, when adjusting contrast and brightness on an electronic manipulating programme, I've found the corners 'drop out', a different brightness, like a fish eye. Gallery type cameras are a different kettle of fish (bad pun).

Regards Ian.

Thread: Strength Question
21/04/2023 10:19:51

A point adequately addressed by the reference to M6 nuts

Different shear plane.

Regrds Ian.

Thread: Help Req'd with old issue
21/04/2023 09:57:38

My 'archives' Have issue No. from to and date from to, forget volume No., not important.

Regards Ian.

Thread: Strength Question
21/04/2023 09:48:30

Think the O/P is questioning the CSA of the material left after bunging a 6mm thread through it - in cross section the two bits either side. Simple numbers, 10 - 6 = 4 divided by 2 = 2

Regards Ian.

Thread: Vintage Heidenhain DRO
21/04/2023 09:36:28

Our Bridgies had its predecessor, optical readers on the slides. We had a log book with the various calculated scale settings from a designated 'Zero' point to machine whatever. No electronics, pure mechanics, only the bulbs to fail and were easily replaceable.

Regards Ian

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate