By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brian Morehen

Here is a list of all the postings Brian Morehen has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: AC current measurement device
18/01/2023 14:42:53

A simple lead with a plug and socket with three single leads < and a clip on ammeter from Ebay that are available from £9.00 upwards will enable you to test any piece of kit that you need info on good luck

Bee.M

Edited By Brian Morehen on 18/01/2023 14:45:56

17/01/2023 17:47:04

Clip on Ammeter clip over the live cable only will give you the readings ,They work on a range of amperages if you double the or wind the live lead round twice this will give you a reading when divided in half will give you the correct reading if your appliance is only using a small current load that is below 1 amp They can also give you a combined voltage meter., Very usefull piece of equipment for findeing faults on appliances. Havent used mine for years since retireing .Have Fun Bee.M

Thread: 26 tpi thread
01/04/2022 20:33:50

Almost Certain British standard brass as they are all 26 threads if i remeber right

Regards Bee.M

Thread: stuff that came with my lathe ...
23/03/2022 16:41:00

I think you must keep everything , Why because the first thing you get rid off you will need it next . Time has told me that because everytime i sell someting I always requre same within a few days .

Best Regards Bee>M

Thread: Need to cut long thin strips of steel (& plastic) - e.g. with an angle grinder?
18/01/2022 20:15:06

Have you looked at a Multi Tool ,I have cut most of the material you have mention using a straigh edge as a guide

saw mine in Lidli some time ago and bought , with the right blades well worth the cost has saveded me loads of time .

Regards Bee,M

Thread: Adcock Shipley Bridgeport motor
16/01/2022 21:21:22

If your motor runs o/K at the moment it seems that this is a single phase motor . Your incomeing cable is a metal covered flexible cable and the outer is used for a earth connection but the green wire has also been used for this so it appears that this is wired for single phase use .How many wires are in this incomeing cable?

Regards Bee M

Thread: reversing a single phase motor
16/01/2022 21:05:11

Missed your 5 letter Pleased it is now running o/k

Bee .M

Thread: Adcock Shipley Bridgeport motor
16/01/2022 19:13:00

Is this a single phase machine with 3 leads Live Neutral & Earth , Or is this a three phase machine with 3 Live and a earth lead 4 Cables if a neutral is there for a light then ypu may have 5 Leads .

Regard Bee.M

Thread: reversing a single phase motor
16/01/2022 18:56:52

Swapping Your Brown and Blue led roun has only reversed the incomeing polarity on motor. You earthe is blocking the view of motor leads . To reverse the motor you need toreverse the start windings This looks like the Blue and Yellow leads that need to be changed round . The earth lead is restricking view;

Bee.M

Thread: Do you "still" enjoy driving?
30/12/2021 15:20:46

I spent 45 yrs years driving sometimes 1000 plus miles a week as a service engineer repairing Commercial Laundry & Dry Cleaners . Now prefer to drive only to where I want to go. Many pass me and I then finish up behind them at the next set of traffic lights. I am left puzzled at the rush ???

Regards Bee >M

Thread: Hi from sunny Norfolk (uk)
29/12/2021 16:23:48

Forncett St Mary Steam Museam On my list to visit looks like some Great Engines to View

Cheers Bee.M

Thread: A Merry Christmas to All
25/12/2021 08:39:31

Seasons Greetings to all and all the best for New Year

Bee M

Thread: Wire
16/12/2021 13:59:56

Looks like Bowden Cable that use to be used for a Brake and Clutch cable in a Sheath on Motor Bikes or anything that requires a control cable , Remember using this to replace brocken cable because it was easier to rethread this in the outer case than to replace the complete cable and sheath complete.

Regards Bee>M

Thread: Metrotropolitan Vicker Single phase motor
06/12/2021 16:28:08

2 slip rings is a puzzle. 3 Slip rings together with 6 Brushes for a large 50hp 3phase star delta motor with a Allen West oil filled starter control that you move the starting handle from start to run yes . 2Slip rings have found this once where there there was a 2 Phase supply on a RAF base.

More Details will hopefully provide a answer

Bee.M

Thread: Over 70 Driving Licence Renewal
30/11/2021 18:40:25

I just sent all my paperwork together with a copy of my eye sight test haveing had reaccuring cataracts in both eyes since since my previous renewall 3 years ago . No problem everthing completed new licence arrived within 10 days.

Bee.M

Thread: Compressor
24/11/2021 14:16:41

Yes most small compressors are noisy and are direct drive , Also a compressor over 50ltr air storage capacity may well require a yearly insurance test certifecate like a Steam Boiler because they are classed as pressure vessels.

Good Luck in your search

Bee.M

Thread: Wonky threads using die
22/11/2021 18:03:02

Die holders seem to have mostly metric sizes BA and small Whit & Bsf that i Have are 15/16 which from memory will only go to 1/4 Whit 5/16 Whit and similar go to a 1. 5/16 Die holder which i think stops at 1/2 whit. I also have some BA Dies that go from 10BA to 4BA that are 9/16 Dia . To get a perfect fit you may have to make small ring to fit your Die to then hold your Die , A poor fit may break your die? I maybe slightly wrong about these sizes as i am reliying on my memory

Good luck and time you will win.

Thread: Motor Gland
21/11/2021 19:07:49

At a guess 3/4 Conduit now Metric which will not match , If a American Motor no match . Continental ,I have found no match,

Good Luck Bee.m

Thread: How to read a micrometer
21/11/2021 12:59:17

Hi Colin use some twist drils if imperial as mike looks a quick check will give you the right answers looks like a good buy

Good Luck Bee.B

Thread: 80th birthday
20/11/2021 21:01:37

Enjoy the day when it arrives I have less than a year to go . I just wish that all the thinks that I have done I could still do on a bench , This way I would be able to repair . Wishfull thinking.

Regards Bee.M

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate