By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuart Smith 5

Here is a list of all the postings Stuart Smith 5 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Falcor
27/11/2018 02:00:14

I have just started assembling a Roundhouse Lady Anne loco kit. I bought the RC fittings kit as an extra, so I ended up with 2 steam regulators. The original kit came with one for manual operation and the optional RC kit came with a replacement for use with a standard servo. I haven't tried either yet, but the instructions show the RC version just being used with a normal servo.

I have opened both valves to see what the difference is. The standard manual one has a fine thread with a cone shaped needle valve. The RC one has a coarse thread with an o ring end.

I have taken a photo of each & put them in my photo album.

Stuart

Thread: Any ideas anyone
22/11/2018 12:12:26

I have just started to assemble a Roundhouse 'Lady Anne' loco kit.

The RC fittings kit includes the steam regulator mentioned by Nick, so I have taken some photos of it. See my 'RC steam regulator' album.

Not sure what the threads are but no doubt Roundhouse will tell you if it looks suitable.

Stuart

Edited By Stuart Smith 5 on 22/11/2018 12:12:55

Thread: 3 phase
20/10/2018 22:12:37

Contrary to some of the negative posts, you can get a quote for 3 phase by contacting your electricity distribution network operator (DNO). The cost will depend on the location of the nearest suitable 3 phase main cable and the supply capacity you want . If you don't know who your DNO is, you can find out at this website:

**LINK**

Regarding your own internal wiring, a commercial/industrial electrician will be able to quote for the necessary work.

Stuart

Thread: More collet and milling tools confusion.
08/10/2018 23:14:42

Andrew, I have been thinking of getting a collet chuck for my Amadeal CJ18A lathe, so have been looking at different suppliers to see what is available.

I think that this one should fit directly to your lathe:

https://www.warco.co.uk/lathe-collet-chucks/256-er-25-lathe-collet-chuck.html

Similar ones seem to be available from all the usual suppliers in sets with collets.

Thread: High Voltage influence on a remote control
07/10/2018 20:22:21

From your initial post, it sounds like this problem has existed since the new equipment was installed.

Could it be that there is a fault with the equipment, not necessarily with the radio remote? Presumably you have contacted the supplier/manufacturer?

The presence of the overhead lines could well be a 'red herring',leading to assumptions that interference is the cause of the problem. As has already been said, the figures for field strengths etc are at the 50 hz power frequency.

Thread: Chuck compatibility with mini lathe
27/09/2018 11:55:35

I have a CJ18A mini lathe from Amadeal. I bought a 4 jaw chuck from Amadeal at the same time as the lathe.

I have just measured the recess and it is 71.86 mm with a PCD of 83.6 mm. The 4 fixings are M8 tapped holes in the chuck. I suspect that the spec is actually 72mm and 84mm.

As Ron Laden has already said, my lathe looks the same as the Warco Supermini lathe.

Stuart

Thread: Couple of things at Lidl
20/08/2018 17:14:53

George

I bought a welder and helmet from my local lidl yesterday. Haven't had chance to try them yet but look ok especially at the price. The shop opened at 10am and when I went in at 10.15 they only had 2 welders in stock , but quite a few helmets.

Stuart

Thread: Mini lathe chuck size
19/10/2017 19:34:47

I am trying to decide which 'mini lathe' to buy.

I am looking at the small Chinese lathes from Chester, Amadeal, Warco etc.

Some have 80mm chucks and some 100mm chucks.

Any advice on if there any problems with the 100mm chuck on a small lathe? I have seen a comment that this size chuck is too big for the power of the lathe.

Thanks

Thread: Hello
19/10/2017 19:27:01

I have just signed up so this my first posting.

I am still trying to decide which 'mini lathe' to buy.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate