By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Trevor Johnson 1

Here is a list of all the postings Trevor Johnson 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 9/16 nut help!
28/09/2023 12:47:50

Brian try Chronos. https://www.chronos.ltd.uk/product/ba-screw-pitch-gauge/

Thread: Hit & Miss Engine - Help Needed
27/07/2023 08:49:07

CDI systems work completely differently to the conventional points/condensor systems. Different wiring connections and colour schemes are used by different manufacturers, suggest as it is a new model/machine   you contact the supplier/manufacturer for further help /advice.

Always watch your interesting channel and hope you can get this issue resolved.

Edited By Trevor Johnson 1 on 27/07/2023 08:49:51

Thread: Squeezing copper tube?
03/02/2023 09:02:08

John, check out Aladdin Easy Fit Isolator, if you use one of these you will not have to drain your system and will be able to control the flow.

Hope this helps.

01/02/2023 09:16:17

Just wondering if this gadget would help you to get a restriction in the flow that you are wanting. Easy to fit no need to drain the system. Link

https://www.unventedcomponentseurope.com/aladdin-easyfit-isolator-starter-pack.html/

Thread: New Wiggler-Quick Question
30/12/2021 19:34:48

Chris Mate, have a look on You Tube, plenty of videos showing how to use it there.

Using wiggler on a mill will find you some.

Thread: Copper tube for boiler
18/10/2020 11:51:40

Could this be the model in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGf5pFK0OXc

Thread: Fixing motor for Myford Ml7
24/03/2020 10:36:11

James that looks like a very old 15 amp plug, went out with the ark. I should replace it with a new 13amp plug and fuse and try that, hopefully all will be well.

Take care

Thread: A dynamo question: rotation direction?
12/05/2019 09:08:14

Hello Tim, not sure which dynamo you got, Lucas no doubt. As far as I can remember on the C39, C40,C42, C45 type dynamos you will have two wires exiting the field coils after they are joined, one wire goes to earth the other to the field terminal, to reverse direction of charge just change those two connections. From what I remember looking down into any of the above numbered dynamo's the field coil earth lead comes from the left coil and the field terminal from the right, just reverse them. An Idea of the type/number of your dynamo would be helpful.

Regards

Trevor

Thread: Coil binding tape = Empire tape? Suppliers?
27/04/2019 17:08:59

When I did my Auto Electrical Apprenticeship in the early sixties we used to overhaul starters, dynamo's etc. We used Egyptian Cotton Tape for the field coils, then varnished when covered. Companies like Durite still sell it as far as I know. Do a Google search for Egyptian Tape and I am sure you will find what you want.

Thread: exeter model engineers
23/02/2015 16:41:57

Hello John,

as no one has replied to your request maybe I can help. This is my first posting on this site so be gentle with me!! Many years ago, probably in the 80's I went to this location with my cousin that had a small model steam train, we did not run the train but he showed me the location of the track.

From memory here goes. The farm is I think Bridge Farm, Stoke Canon, Exeter. EX5 4EE and I think the farm was owned by Mr. Horrell. Interesting if you Google Horrells Cider Steam truck you will find nice pictures of a steam driven vehicle. The location of the farm is as follows, from the centre of Stoke Canon drive toward Exeter on the A396. On leaving the village you cross a narrow section of road that includes river bridges with stone walls, at the end of this narrow section the A396 turns sharp right, take the small road/lane that leads straight ahead and Bridge farm is immediately on the left. From what I can remember you drove around to the rear of some farm buildings and the rail track was there. It seemed to run around the outside of a "slurry" lagoon so had strong country smells in the hot summer.

Hope this has been of use and "jogged" your memory, but feel free to ask if I can help any more.

Kind regards

Trevor Johnson

Exeter

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate