Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

copyright

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Jones 126/05/2009 02:06:50
85 forum posts
5 photos
 I was just wondering what the rules and regs are regarding ME articles particularly the older one.  I was having a browse through some old 60's magazines, and i found quite a few of the articles and plans can still of use today, however the problem is getting hold of them (apart from ebay or ME groups),  is it possible to put any of these old articles on the website?
Richmond26/05/2009 12:50:27
73 forum posts
632 photos
64 articles
HI,

We are for the moment publishing authors for whose articles that we definately have copyright for.

We are seeking permission to publish other authors, and will let you know.

Rgds

Edited By David Clark 1 on 26/05/2009 13:11:40

David Clark 126/05/2009 13:10:29
3357 forum posts
112 photos
10 articles

Hi There
Copyright in an article as originally written or modified stays with the author until 75 years after his death.
The copyright of an article as laid out and published belongs to Myhobbystore Ltd. We can supply photocopies and also reprint the entire magazine including all articles and adverts as originally published as a printed magazine, on a CD or on the web.

We can't reuse the articles on their own.

The author cannot offer reprints of the article as laid out.

Some authors such as Edgar westbury and Martin Evans were employed by Model Engineer and their articles are copyright Myhobbystore Ltd.

That is why the recent free plans in Model engineer were by these two authors.

I have permission from Tom Walshaw's (Tubal Cain) widow to put his articles on the web.
If anyone reading this has written for ME or MEW and would like their articles to appear on the web, please email me at
[email protected]

regards David

Edited By David Clark 1 on 26/05/2009 13:11:04

Michael Freeman08/06/2009 20:52:06
11 forum posts
20 photos
Hello David,

You can put my chess article and the ball turning article when published, on the website. I have no objections.

Mike Freeman 
Acrosticus15/06/2009 21:17:46
24 forum posts
2 photos
With respect, David, Copyright is not for 75 years after author's death, it is 70 years.

It was increased from 50 to 70 years by the Copyright Designs & Patents Act 1989 and is now I believe uniform throughout the EC.
Regards

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate