Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Hello from New Hampshire, USA!

An avid Model maker....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Patton04/12/2022 02:24:32
3 forum posts
5 photos

Hello everyone, NEW to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself! I'm an avid Model maker of Scale Model Trains as well as Scale Automobiles!

As doing this over the years, I've gotten myself 2 of the Unimat SL-1000 and the DB200! One is set up as a metal lathe, the other is set up as a Milling Machine & Drill Press... I've got a LOT of tooling with both these machines and enjoy working with them a LOT!

I'll be uploading pictures to an album as soon as I get the feel of how this forums works! ~John

Thor 🇳🇴04/12/2022 09:51:06
1766 forum posts
46 photos

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum. I only have one Unimat SL, part of it is now used to sharpen my endmills.

Thor

John Patton04/12/2022 15:38:46
3 forum posts
5 photos

Hi Thor,

Thanks for the Welcoming! I also have the ability to set up either of my 2 Unimats for sharpening of sorts maybe not to the way you have some it (as I've not seen) BUT I got the attachments to go about it with both my machines, I PLA to make a table attachment to go to either machine for this very purpose as I have time to do so! As I got a few other peiples I'm going to be making as well! Currently I got a 1/2 inch drill chuck that will fit either headstock or tailstock as a factory chuck would, with the M12x1.00 threads cut into the back of my drill chuck to hold half inch shanks with, drills reams etc

I've also made a tool holder that will hold a Dremel withthe tool post for slitting, and grinding and even cut-off and polishing work!

At some point I want to find a 3rd or "partial" Unimat to make the Lathe have a Mill overhanding the bedway like a Combination Lathe/Mill at some point I just need to get the headstock itself with motor to do so at this point!

Daggers13/12/2022 13:44:26
52 forum posts

Welcome to the forum John.

you have a nice setup over there, how about some photos of your work or even better a few photos, posts of one of your builds.

All the best from Portsmouth “Old Hampshire”

John Patton30/12/2022 02:39:53
3 forum posts
5 photos

Hi Daggers from the Capitol!

Thanks for the welcome I got your message just bore the Holiday rush and it hit me like a runaway tug boat on the bay! LOL

Anyway, I'll see what all I got to post as theres quite a bit and I right now am kind of picking and choosing ya know? I've had both these Unimats for about 15 years now and have done a LOT with them both... SO I guess, some of the older projects now done, and some new ones I'm working on!?

As I mentioned, I do model moth model railroading as well as model car and trucks.... SO... I got a little bit in 2 different hobbies to post up!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate