Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

goerge h alexander milling machine.

dismantaling...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
tony williams 427/05/2020 10:04:31
1 forum posts

hi.

i am new to this site and with interest i have been reading a thread posted on 20/02/19 by ali hureiby about a milling machine g h alexander pgioe20. i have just bought the same model.i would like any info about dismantaling as to move to another location.most is strieght forward,but any info may be of help.

thanks tony....

vintage engineer27/05/2020 19:04:18
293 forum posts
1 photos

The table unbolts from the carriage, the vertical head comes off and you can remove the large motor. I don't think you can break it down any smaller.

mark smith 2027/05/2020 19:17:28
682 forum posts
337 photos

I broke mine down to the horizontal long gear in order to get it from the garden into the workshop. It was hell for two of us getting it out of a van even though it had a tail lift .

This is the gear im talking about , mine has an aluminium slide in cover to protect it. The swivelling table if presnt comes off, as does the vertical head and the section above the gear in the photo. The vertical table will come off but the vertical saddle behind it needs lifting clear of the column which isnt easy without a crane /wynch of some sort.

1c.jpg

Edited By mark smith 20 on 27/05/2020 19:25:38

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate