Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

F J Edwards Folder

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
sparky mike06/10/2018 08:33:55
259 forum posts
77 photos

Just bought an Edwards folder for the workshop. I would be interested to know the approx. date of this machine and if anyone has the user manual for the same one or similar type. A fair bit of derusting will be needed, but it is a well built machine and should see me out !!

At the moment I am having problems removing the c/sunk slot head screws from the front angle but am contemplating removing them with my air nut runner with a screwdriver bit, on low power. A hand impact driver so far has only removed one and I have eight or so to go.

It is missing three half inch BSW slotted round head screws that hold the side casing to the rear, but may have problem finding new ones. They have very large diameter head with a shallow convex.

I will post photos later.

Mike.

sparky mike06/10/2018 08:40:45
259 forum posts
77 photos

img_6732.jpgimg_6726.jpg

Chris Evans 606/10/2018 08:51:19
2156 forum posts

What a lovely bit of kit,a good addition to any workshop. Countersunk screws sometimes yield with a good few blows with say a 1/2" diameter bar faced off square and a lump hammer to shock them followed by a centre punch to drift them round. Good luck.

Former Member06/10/2018 09:19:33
1329 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

sparky mike06/10/2018 10:26:35
259 forum posts
77 photos

Yes it is built like the proverbial brick outhouse !! My engine crane certainly grunted a bit when lifting off my mate's pickup truck !!

Bill. If you look in my photo albums there is a photo of the name plate/serial number etc. Can you decipher the date from that ?

(photo album, titled FJ Edwards folder.)

I used to catch a Grey Green coach in Kings Cross area in London in the 60's and remember Edwards had a smart showroom there. Machines were hopelessly out of my price range in those days. I could hardly afford a bench vice.

Screws now out. I used a combination of the air tool and impact driver.

Mike.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate