Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Vauxhall Omega on Screen Display

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Clive B 131/07/2018 12:13:08
110 forum posts
76 photos

Hi

Does anyone know what's going on, the on screen display in my car has gone dim but only on part of the screen which makes it virtually unreadable in daylight.

I've taken a photo of it as best I can when it was dark outside, the dim part of the screen I've marked in red.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Clive

Speedy Builder531/07/2018 13:03:18
2878 forum posts
248 photos

looks like the back light is failing / failed. It may just be a bad connection between the wiring harness and the unit - this happened to me on a Clio mk III. If you are into electronics, you may be able to fix it if it is the bulb which has gone, but either way you will have to get some of the dashboard out of the way.
BobH

Neil Wyatt31/07/2018 14:07:25
19226 forum posts
749 photos
86 articles

If it's anything like a Vectra, set aside a few hours...

But always try the garage approved fix first. Thump the top of the dash with your fist, a garage tried it and it worked on my wife's Mondeo, saving her a few quid! Just rattles any loose/grubby connectors around a bit and resettles them.

Nick Wheeler31/07/2018 16:19:24
1227 forum posts
101 photos

Just like we told you on the Omega forum, one of the backlight bulbs has blown.

Cheap part(replace all of them) and is unlikely to take more than 30minutes even with a coffee.

Jon Lawes31/07/2018 16:19:44
1078 forum posts

I'm fairly certain a bulb has gone....

Clive B 131/07/2018 16:23:01
110 forum posts
76 photos

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply fellas, I'll have to give the back lights a try, which I can't do at the moment because too busy rolling around under our other car which I'm trying to fix so don't want the Omega down also.

I did have the dash out some time ago and took this photo while it was out but can't remember if what I've marked in red are backlights, they may well be.

Jon Lawes06/08/2018 20:23:49
1078 forum posts

Yes those are bayonet fit bulbs (well bulb holders but they usually come as a complete unit), quite a simple fix.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate